Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the way I look at it is, they're making lots of 576ATs right now, but those classic 044s are long, long gone.

There's a handful of new ones over at Stihl's corporate offices on display but that's about it. Yours is as close to new as I've seen.

True. Maybe I'll just hang on to it. I've only cut with it once, still got the saw chips on it from then.

True. Maybe I'll just hang on to it. I've only cut with it once, still got the saw chips on it from then.

For me, it comes down to how much money I have into a particular saw. If I got it for low $$, then being a shelf queen isn't an issue. If I have serious coin
wrapped up in it, then it's either going to cut wood or potentially be sold. Even my top dollar vintage saws will go out the door eventually (or into the
museum.) I wouldn't want to kick off and then have my family try and clean up the mess.

For me, it comes down to how much money I have into a particular saw. If I got it for low $$, then being a shelf queen isn't an issue. If I have serious coin
wrapped up in it, then it's either going to cut wood or potentially be sold. Even my top dollar vintage saws will go out the door eventually (or into the
museum.) I wouldn't want to kick off and then have my family try and clean up the mess.

True. I did pay a bit of money for it. But got a good deal. Paid 1k for a like new 046mag, like new 044, and a Ripsaw bandmill. The bandmill to buy new is $1600

For you Mac aficionados I find myself in need of a few parts for my newly aquired 7-10, a handle brace, AF cover and a muffler. I have some 10-10 parts, whole saws, craftsman parts, stihl parts and if worse came to worse faded pictures of retired/dead presidents in individual denominations.

If you see anything you need, let me know. I keep trying to keep my parts/project inventory down, but they just keep showing up.
partssaws001.jpg

I'd be interested on the top-handle Skilsaw, & the Poulan 25/2300 (if DSS doesn't want it).

Looking for a right side crank case for a husky 61,268, or 272

Thanks

Hey Guys...

needin' a couple thangs...

254-262

throttle linkage
choke linkage
air conductor (flywheel cover)
coil & wires
air injection tube

maybe a CRANK if someone has one available..

top covers & bar cover...

bars from 16-24" to trade (mostly Stihl & husky...)
lots-o-saw parts too ;)

thanks guys! :rock:

I like that little CVA. Does it turn over?:smile2:

Chris that Poulan XX on the far left would be a good saw to grab if the P/C are in good shape. Very well built little saws. The only real PITA is if you have to replace the oiler pulse line in the crankcase...

The Skil 944 Type-1 that eventually will find its way north (with the Remington/Wards) to you looks similar to the saw to the right of the Poulan XX.

Guys,

I picked up a Stihl 066 that was rode hard and put away wet. It has spark and 160 psi compression so it is rebuildable. I am looking for:

*Chain brake, complete. I need the handle and all the parts under the cover
*Flywheel. The one that is on it has part # 1122 400 1214 It is all metal. I have a missing fin
*Top handle
*Top handle hardware
*Trigger interlock spring
*Top right AV mount
*Spark plug spring (on end of coil, connects to spark plug)
*Spark plug boot
*Coil screw (attaches coil to crankcase)
*Decompression valve
*Heat shield
*Clutch cover

I am also looking for a clutch cover for a MS250.

If you have any of these parts for sale please PM me.

Thanks,

Bob Elliott

Anyone have a Homelite 750 cylinder? There is a possibility that I will be needing one here shortly. I have some stuff for trading and/or $$.

:msp_blink::deadhorse:

I wish you luck, but I gotta say, that'd be the DAY.. parts saws are hard to come by, runners harder, good cylinders are now re-cast in 'unobtanium'

best bet,

Have yours sent out, and rechromed.... (assuming you have one...)

J

Last edited:
Anyone have a Homelite 450, 550, 650 they'd like to trade off?

I've got some old muscle and new stuff I'd part with for the right one.

Might even settle for a 360 to tide me over.

Chris

Anybody want these?????

Anybody want these?
2a7d8764.jpg

c8ab6503.jpg

654f30c5.jpg

(Not the Husky) :)

I need a nice 029/290 series plastic clutch cover and a nice Stihl 16" or 18" .325 bar.
Would like a wood boss or farm boss.

Thanks!
BBB

Last edited:
Back