Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still looking for a short air filter for an 024. Can swap a tall mesh 026 filter for it or cash if that's preferable. I'm also open to swapping AF covers - mine that fits a short filter for one that fits a normal height filter.
I also need a top handle for the 024. Mostly green to trade for the handle.
Charlie

I think there's more to that swap than that, tank vent, etc., and if not, why haven't I done that?

looking to get this 046 project rollin i need a carb flange and brake handle and i need the intellicarb plate for the top of my 029 carb so i can use the new style filter and a brake handle for this saw also...i have some money to trade.... maybe:D

add to this a good used piston and cylinder for a 024av just the piston if thats all u got maybe the jug will clean up:hmm3grin2orange:

picked up a few parts saws today

If you see anything you need, let me know. I keep trying to keep my parts/project inventory down, but they just keep showing up.
partssaws001.jpg

PM sent. No response from first person on 119.

Yeah I got your PM. The 028 is getting pretty stripped down. The top handle and fuel tank/pistol grip assembly are gone. The oil pump, flywheel, ignition, starter, and all the covers were already gone. All that's left is a good short block (crankcase/shaft, piston, cylinder assembly) and the muffler. The brake parts are there but no brake handle or brake cover. No clutch cover either.

If you see anything you need, let me know. I keep trying to keep my parts/project inventory down, but they just keep showing up.
partssaws001.jpg

I know Ed (arrowhead) was looking for the rear handle off that little Stihl. The top trim piece to be exact. He sure is a Nice fella, hope he see's this post!

Yeah I got your PM. The 028 is getting pretty stripped down. The top handle and fuel tank/pistol grip assembly are gone. The oil pump, flywheel, ignition, starter, and all the covers were already gone. All that's left is a good short block (crankcase/shaft, piston, cylinder assembly) and the muffler. The brake parts are there but no brake handle or brake cover. No clutch cover either.

Great. As long as the short block is good I have the rest. PM me for details.

Ahh, geeze, now I want to keep it! But been wanting to try out one of them 576's.

Well, the way I look at it is, they're making lots of 576ATs right now, but those classic 044s are long, long gone.

There's a handful of new ones over at Stihl's corporate offices on display but that's about it. Yours is as close to new as I've seen.

Back