Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alex,
Got ya covered... Maybe we'll be even when you see it... ;)

I'm still looking for a gas tank vent and cover for a 024/026 for anyone who might have one... Looks like a couple different types will work from my search results off fleabay...

I went to my local dealer yesterday to get a 024 tank vet and the kid behind the counter said there are 3 different ones for the 024. When I got home I noticed he gave me the wrong one so before I take it back (50 mile drive), does anybody know the part # for the vent on a 024 that looks like a little hollow nub sticking out? It's about a 1/4" diameter and about 1/2" tall. Thanks

Photo of 024 vent hole and the vent dealer sold me
024tankvent.jpg

Last edited:
I went to my local dealer yesterday to get a 024 tank vet and the kid behind the counter said there are 3 different ones for the 024. When I got home I noticed he gave me the wrong one so before I take it back (50 mile drive), does anybody know the part # for the vent on a 024 that looks like a little hollow nub sticking out? It's about a 1/4" diameter and about 1/2" tall. Thanks

Photo of 024 vent hole and the vent dealer sold me
024tankvent.jpg

Looks like the same tank opening and tank vent I just put together on a 026. That one doesn't work? I sent you a PM with my email address... Email me for a 024/026 IPL... it will have all three part numbers and an image of each... kinda...

Honestly... All that tank vent does is blow off excess pressure when the gas tank goes from cold to warm... I'm thinking about putting a piece of rubber hose on mine with a loose screw in the top. Allows pressure out and keeps debris out of the tank... Kind of a jaloppy way to rig it but it would be 50cents instead of $10...

Last edited:
Honestly... All that tank vent does is blow off excess pressure when the gas tank goes from cold to warm... I'm thinking about putting a piece of rubber hose on mine with a loose screw in the top. Allows pressure out and keeps debris out of the tank... Kind of a jaloppy way to rig it but it would be 50cents instead of $10...

Errr, no. It actually allows air into the tank, preventing a negative pressure and starving the saw of fuel.

I have done the hose and screw routine a few times. Sometimes they leak when tipped on the side.

Errr, no. It actually allows air into the tank, preventing a negative pressure and starving the saw of fuel.

I have done the hose and screw routine a few times. Sometimes they leak when tipped on the side.

oh... my bad... Always assumed that it was to allow the gas vapor to expand and release from the tank. My bad. either way though... tube and screw is somthing i've done a few times before to my own saws. When I fix them for other people I do it the right way though... :biggrin: Thanks for the correction Neal!

oh... my bad... Always assumed that it was to allow the gas vapor to expand and release from the tank. My bad. either way though... tube and screw is somthing i've done a few times before to my own saws. When I fix them for other people I do it the right way though... :biggrin: Thanks for the correction Neal!

Modern saws will squirt fuel when you pull the line from the carb unless they are cold.

Looks like the same tank opening and tank vent I just put together on a 026. That one doesn't work? I sent you a PM with my email address... Email me for a 024/026 IPL... it will have all three part numbers and an image of each... kinda...

Sounds like great minds think alike. I had taken the larger end from a impulse line and shoved cotton in it then cut a very fine wire screen and placed it under the cotton, then just simply slid the larger end of the impulse line over the nub and wallahhh. :smile2:

Just using this as a tempary fix for now but want to go ahead and get the proper vent, Thanks for the IPL's nstueve, very useful :smile2:

On the 044 and up, I've done the Tygon line and set screw deal. Seems to work fine to me.

Be sure to use the proper set screw spacing, you can find that in the service manual for your particular saw.

424479_10150572123555887_513110886_9502798_1797151289_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back