Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL no loose screw here.

but if anyone wants this thing just let give me a PM i'm on the look out for a other one that maybe will run LOL.

If your crankshaft has any rust or any debris on it when the flywheel tightens down, it will shear the key. Also take some brake cleaner and put it on the crankshaft and make sure it's really clean. A bit of grease or oil will cause this. How are the bearings on the crankcase? If you have one that is shot, it will cause the flywheel to spin out of round and shear the key.

PS I thought you were going to send that saw out. If you want to trade it off, PM me.

If your crankshaft has any rust or any debris on it when the flywheel tightens down, it will shear the key. Also take some brake cleaner and put it on the crankshaft and make sure it's really clean. A bit of grease or oil will cause this. How are the bearings on the crankcase? If you have one that is shot, it will cause the flywheel to spin out of round and shear the key.

PS I thought you were going to send that saw out. If you want to trade it off, PM me.

oh i c well i was going to send it out to have it fixed but i'm going to buy a other saw first and then send the 041 out to get it fixed. but after all this is has got on my last nerve and i'm over it PM on the way.

Let us know what the problem is when you get it. Seen less drama on "days of our lives".

Probably won't have to do any more than I suggested. 5 minutes worth of work. The flywheel could be cracked, but if it is, that may be because it has been spun a bunch of times.:msp_rolleyes:

Chris B.

i checked the fly wheel and it's not cracked or anything. just to be on the safe side i bought a new fly wheel off e-bay still in the wrapping. so i say the crank has a bad bearing or something. because i just got done checking everything again and i can pull the crank on it up and down with the fly wheel tightend and torqued down.

i checked the fly wheel and it's not cracked or anything. just to be on the safe side i bought a new fly wheel off e-bay still in the wrapping. so i say the crank has a bad bearing or something. because i just got done checking everything again and i can pull the crank on it up and down with the fly wheel tightend and torqued down.

I'd say you have 2 problems and one has nothing to do with the other. A flopping crank and properly tightened flywheel will tear the hell out of the saw before it ever shears the key.

Chris B.

oh i c well if anyone like to see pictures i can take a few of it. but i just don't know whats wrong with it i just know i'm over this thing.

I'm in need of a clutch for a Dolmar 6400/7900

I have 024 and 026 parts coming out of my ears to trade......

oh i c well if anyone like to see pictures i can take a few of it. but i just don't know whats wrong with it i just know i'm over this thing.

here is some pictures of it. there are just one piece broke off the bottom but anyone good with a wire feeding welder can weld it back on with some alum welding wire.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

here is some pictures of it. there are just one piece broke off the bottom but anyone good with a wire feeding welder can weld it back on with some alum welding wire.

hey you all know something i let this thing get on my last nerve so this thing is going to get running or i'll die trying.and thats the bottom line if i have too i will rebuild it with all new parts and that way i know it will run :laugh:

hey you all know something i let this thing get on my last nerve so this thing is going to get running or i'll die trying.and thats the bottom line if i have too i will rebuild it with all new parts and that way i know it will run :laugh:

I'm not trying to discourage you, but I've given away or parted out much nicer 041s than that one. I'd chunk it in the trash and move on.

The flywheel, 041 thread, oh crap my nuts dont fit thread needs to be moved to a different part of the forum. Please. The rest of me is trying to find stuff usefull for saws that may run in the future.:msp_confused:

The flywheel, 041 thread, oh crap my nuts dont fit thread needs to be moved to a different part of the forum. Please. The rest of me is trying to find stuff usefull for saws that may run in the future.:msp_confused:

I can't imagine that information where you got it from at.

Back on topic

Looking for a clutch cover for a Husqvarna 65...Aint got no money, But ive got some Homelite C series parts. and some Super EZ auto parts. and i think ive got a Stihl roller nose bar 16" came off a 010AV

Latest posts

Back