Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright I'm trying to downsize my saw collection. I've got the 5105 I'm going to sell for $350, the 045av for $100. The 440 is sold. The only thing I would consider for trade is a 372xpw 75cc.

Last edited:
Need a coil for a Stihl 028 Super. I have some 026 parts, Husky or Shindaiwa parts for trade, or cash.

028WB & 015L stuff needed

Need a batch of 028WB parts: muffler, couple AV buffers, intake manifold, throttle interlock, rear handle molding, AV caps, screws, oil cap, etc... Could use a busted up/locked up parts saw. I picked up a real nice saw (all major components solid), unfortunately it was used as a doner.

Could also use a good condition piston/cylinder for an 015L. Oh, and a choke lever.

Have for trade a bunch of Poulan, Craftsman stuff (couple are EC except P/Cs) can get models if someone needs something. A decent Echo 601svl runs but will need some minor work (erratic idle, rebuilt carb, just haven't had time to chase it down). Sears D-44, all there just haven't done anything with it yet. I may have some Pioneers & parts I could be swayed on. Or greenbacks if nothing is tempting.;)

Need a coil for a Stihl 028 Super. I have some 026 parts, Husky or Shindaiwa parts for trade, or cash.

I have several good coils, the 'standard' Stihl coils that will fit the 028. You may have to swap your spark plug lead to get the correct length and termination (I'm assuming you still have the old one)

Tell me about your 026 parts.

Jimbo

I have several good coils, the 'standard' Stihl coils that will fit the 028. You may have to swap your spark plug lead to get the correct length and termination (I'm assuming you still have the old one)

Tell me about your 026 parts.

Jimbo

Does the plug wire just twist off? If that is the case, I should be good on a coil then. I have a good coil off the 026 but the plug lead is just too short...

It's just the long block, I think the bottom end is good, but the P&C is scored.

Need a batch of 028WB parts: muffler, couple AV buffers, intake manifold, throttle interlock, rear handle molding, AV caps, screws, oil cap, etc... Could use a busted up/locked up parts saw. I picked up a real nice saw (all major components solid), unfortunately it was used as a doner.

Could also use a good condition piston/cylinder for an 015L. Oh, and a choke lever.

Have for trade a bunch of Poulan, Craftsman stuff (couple are EC except P/Cs) can get models if someone needs something. A decent Echo 601svl runs but will need some minor work (erratic idle, rebuilt carb, just haven't had time to chase it down). Sears D-44, all there just haven't done anything with it yet. I may have some Pioneers & parts I could be swayed on. Or greenbacks if nothing is tempting.;)

i have a 028 something that has been squished a little not much broke just tweeked to one side. should have most of the parts u need and then some.let me know if u are interested and i can look it over and try to see what is all good.
jnl

i need a 034 piston and rings. good used would be great. also a 359 piston and rings. good used also would be great. have traden stuff or a saw fund.
jnl

i have a new old stock piston for an 015, pm me

Bar has been SOLD!!

Damn...i never saw that. was needing one... eehh...

good 4 you. :cheers:

I have some NOS parts....how nice is the saw??

Looking for a 3/4 wrap handle, and one of the larger clutch covers for my MS460.

Thanks

i have a 028 something that has been squished a little not much broke just tweeked to one side. should have most of the parts u need and then some.let me know if u are interested and i can look it over and try to see what is all good.
jnl

That may work. Hopefully when squished it didn't tear the AV buffers or intake... Sounds like the only concern from my end. Let me know what you need for it, either here or PM whatever works.

Unfortunately I do not have 034 or 359 P/C pieces for ya.

I have some NOS parts....how nice is the saw??

Well, it's an older WB, all-mag construction that was used as a parts doner for some shop for years. I acquired for $5 and was going strip it down, clean it up and keep for the same purpose......until I pulled the cylinder. Machine marks stihl clearly visible on piston, rings and cylinder. Bottom end clean, with a nice sheen of oil and smooth as silk. This saw is just too nice (in the places where it counts) to kill IMO. The points set, capacitor, muffler, rear handle molding, recoil screws were scavenged. Only other issue is two of the AV buffers have tears and some dolt tore the intake manifold man-handling it. It sure isn't a museum piece, but how can one not ressurect it?:)

With the condition of P/C and crank, I'm stihl baffled it was used as a parts doner.

Well, it's an older WB, all-mag construction...

With the condition of P/C and crank, I'm stihl baffled it was used as a parts doner.

is the tank mag too? makes ya wonder, doesn't it?? i had a j-red like that. piston, etc still had ALL the machine marks in it. my 028super was sold cheaply, because the kid couldn't figure out why the chain kept slacking on him ( new chain, etc) super clean saw...engine was like new.

the muffler i should have easily accessible.

Jay

is the tank mag too? makes ya wonder, doesn't it??

the muffler i should have easily accessible.

Jay

Yup, early production mag tank. I believe the cylinder has been off (no way to confirm though), so it's possible, maybe even probable that the piston/rings are replacements.........plus the piston was in backwards.:dizzy: (arrow pointing towards intake). I should post up some pix on the tear down, I did post up a thread on a difficulty with the clutch removal ("028 clutch help" maybe?), this is the same saw.

I have someone that may have a donor for me, if I get stuck on the muffler I'll let you know. Thanks.

Back