Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes a 025 piston and cylinder is a 42.5mm.

You can get the piston rings and seals on e-bay for a little of nothing. i just found this on there

Piston Crankshaft Crank shaft Bearing Oil Seal For STIHL CHAINSAW 025 MS250 NEW | eBay

There are 2 different sizes for 025 I thought... 42mm and 42.5mm. at least northwoods shows both. I would put a caliper/micrometer on the top of the piston to measure it's diameter or measure the cylinder if possible.

and no offense, but i'd get a good A.M. piston and rings from northwoods for $25-$33
Quality replacement pistons from Meteor and Episan

There are 2 different sizes for 025 I thought... 42mm and 42.5mm. at least northwoods shows both. I would put a caliper/micrometer on the top of the piston to measure it's diameter or measure the cylinder if possible.

and no offense, but i'd get a good A.M. piston and rings from northwoods for $25-$33

no offense here just trying to help a fellow member out.

dang thats a good deal on a after market piston and rings

anyone have the 3 muffler bolts and nuts for a homelite 4218 if you need the part numbers i say i could find them. Got Green slips and a factory carb for a Ms250

Still need these someone please help

I have a mint condition Contra stihl im offering up, it runs on prime, just needs a kit.
Its yours for the price of shipping
Also my 046 stihl that looks almost new, dual port muff, brand new 24" B&C. Yours for shipping
Im getting tired of saws and looking to spread some love around, first person that PM's me gets ONLY ONE.

April fools :laugh:

I have a mint condition Contra stihl im offering up, it runs on prime, just needs a kit.
Also my 046 stihl that looks almost new, dual port muff, brand new 24" B&C. Yours for shipping
Im getting tired of saws and looking to spread some love around, first person that PM's me gets ONLY ONE.

Dang, that's Cold. Also Any Parts for a 440 stihl would be great

Still looking for a piston and rings or parts for a Mac700 it is a thin ring setup According to joeymt33 "my IPL shows you need piston #- 85239 and rings #- 89732. the IPL shows you have the thin ring model". My saw is MOD600061D 12-19964

Also looking for a piston, rings and seals for an 025. Cylinder says 1123-025 Mahale 40ZD22 Serial on the saw is 226002310. I think that it is 42mm but I am having a hard time measuring the scored piston. Can someone confirm?

I have a few parts to trade or some foldy stuff.

I still have ya covered... in case ya forgot... ;)

Hey, tard-lips... Do you need a HL kit for that saw???? why don't you ASK. or is it a different carb?? I have quite a few left over from the 08S days..

J

Still looking for a piston and rings or parts for a Mac700 it is a thin ring setup According to joeymt33 "my IPL shows you need piston #- 85239 and rings #- 89732. the IPL shows you have the thin ring model". My saw is MOD600061D 12-19964

Also looking for a piston, rings and seals for an 025. Cylinder says 1123-025 Mahale 40ZD22 Serial on the saw is 226002310. I think that it is 42mm but I am having a hard time measuring the scored piston. Can someone confirm?

I have a few parts to trade or some foldy stuff.

when i measured the piston I got a hair under 42mm......you happy with the shape of saw?

Husky 340

I am in desperate need of COIL for a Husky 340.
Or a parts saw/basket case.

I have some old Sthil parts or some folding green paper.

Thanks.

CFT

when i measured the piston I got a hair under 42mm......you happy with the shape of saw?

I am happy with the condition of the saw. I am just making sure but it seems that it must be 42 as I am measuring the piston under 42 with a caliper as well. I was wondering if the scoring would throw it off though, hence the request for confirmation.

Thanks for the input. I will be replacing with aftermarket but was just confirming whether it was 42 or42.5 since the piston was scored and the sizes are so close.

I'm in the market for a good running husky 51 or 55. Have a few things to trade and a little bit of moldy green paper. PM me if ya got one to let go of.

does anyone have a fly wheel that will not shear off with a lot of compression ? i just bought 3 today and had to file them down to size for my 041 farmboss and everytime it's get started it shears the fly wheel key everytime. so my question is any one got a fly wheel key to stand up to this problem i'm having ?

does anyone have a fly wheel that will not shear off with a lot of compression ? i just bought 3 today and had to file them down to size for my 041 farmboss and everytime it's get started it shears the fly wheel key everytime. so my question is any one got a fly wheel key to stand up to this problem i'm having ?

Maybe put some torque on that nut.

Chris

i have i torqued it down to what the manual says too. and it's still shearing them off.

so does anyone have a 041 fly wheel Key please pm me. i got cash and a few parts.

i have i torqued it down to what the manual says too. and it's still shearing them off.

so does anyone have a 041 fly wheel Key please pm me. i got cash and a few parts.

Then your morse taper isn't tight. You need to get some valve grinding compound and lap the tapers in real good. Went thru the same thing on an 076. No key is going to stop a flywheel that wants to spin.

Chris B.

Latest posts

Back