Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not trying to discourage you, but I've given away or parted out much nicer 041s than that one. I'd chunk it in the trash and move on.

thats what i'm about to do. this thing is worthless. so i'm on the look out for a 041 runner or a parts saw again.

Weren't you going to rebuild it, with all new parts? Oh, that was a half hour and countless grammatical errors ago.:)

well i got too thinking and everytime i go out and put a new fly wheel key and torque it down to factory specs and it shears again. so the heck with ti i'll take off the carb and p&c and stuff like that and trow it out the door to the scrap pile.oh i for got to say back on to our parts swaping.

Last edited:
Still looking for a piston and rings or parts for a Mac700 it is a thin ring setup According to joeymt33 "my IPL shows you need piston #- 85239 and rings #- 89732. the IPL shows you have the thin ring model". My saw is MOD600061D 12-19964

Also looking for a piston, rings and seals for an 025. Cylinder says 1123-025 Mahale 40ZD22 Serial on the saw is 226002310. I think that it is 42mm but I am having a hard time measuring the scored piston. Can someone confirm?

I have a few parts to trade or some foldy stuff.

Rep's sent:)

Hey jay, send me a text.

is your phone only INCOMING now??? It wasn't when you sent me THAT PICTURE!!!!

I thought you could txt me as easily as I could text you...

don't expect ME to txt YOU so you can BEG for something :poke: see below --->

Looking for any newer 64cc+ Dolmar/Makita saws!!

We ALL KNOW your looking for one... you post 2x a day about it... Like a little school boy, RON has one so now I WANT ONE!!! :laugh:

see above ---->

:laugh:

is your phone only INCOMING now??? It wasn't when you sent me THAT PICTURE!!!!

I thought you could txt me as easily as I could text you...

don't expect ME to txt YOU so you can BEG for something :poke: see below --->

We ALL KNOW your looking for one... you post 2x a day about it... Like a little school boy, RON has one so now I WANT ONE!!! :laugh:

see above ---->

:laugh:

You said, read below, then read above... man you had me reading that 10 different times :yoyo:

Im to lazy to search through my contacts to find your number :laugh:

Sorry to say but your 041 looks like a heap of $H!t. I wouldnt stick any money into it. Keep your eyes open and you will come up with a nicer one like I did. Good luck to ya.
attachment.php

Sorry to say but your 041 looks like a heap of $H!t. I wouldnt stick any money into it. Keep your eyes open and you will come up with a nicer one like I did. Good luck to ya.
attachment.php

dang i'm on the look out for one and this time when i find one i'm going to make sure it runs LOL.

Do you need any parts for your's i got a rebuilt carb and stuff for one also got the inner bucking spike for one too.

Last edited:
well i got too thinking and everytime i go out and put a new fly wheel key and torque it down to factory specs and it shears again. so the heck with ti i'll take off the carb and p&c and stuff like that and trow it out the door to the scrap pile.oh i for got to say back on to our parts swaping.

What does that nut torque to anyway?

You said, read below, then read above... man you had me reading that 10 different times :yoyo:

Im to lazy to search through my contacts to find your number :laugh:

WOW.... you need to give up, then! :bang: too lazy to sit-on-a$$ and push 2 buttons?? wow..

I already posted once that I have one that you can have, all for the cost of shipping. This is the last time though that I'm going to mention it.

Jacob,

Ever give it a thought that MAYBE Lee didn't see it?? I know he's not on here EVERYDAY, or a couple times a day.... and this thread can move quickly, so it's POSSIBLE he missed it?? :dunno:

I guess he could have asked to have anyone with some leads to shoot him a PM...

If you have the handle ready to go, Please send it to me along with the other parts you were sending along to me (55 flywheel, 272 intake tract, 390 piston... if you, hopefully, still have them from months ago...) I'll cover the shipping for Lee, and whatever ya need from me :)

I'll pack it, and send it up to Lee with the saw and parts I'm sending him. :rock:

thanks,

Jay

What does that nut torque to anyway?
It does not matter what torque you put on a nut, If it is not tightening down the flywheel but only hitting the end of the threads it will never keep the flywheel from turning. IIRC the 041s have a washer under that nut. I bet if you torque down that thing with the correct washer it will tighten the flywheel. Probably would be wise to wiggle the flywheel after putting on the nut to see if there is any play. ANY is to much. Some people are not mechanically inclined and should stay away from working on saws and going on AS asking a bunch of questions. Mike

It does not matter what torque you put on a nut, If it is not tightening down the flywheel but only hitting the end of the threads it will never keep the flywheel from turning. IIRC the 041s have a washer under that nut. I bet if you torque down that thing with the correct washer it will tighten the flywheel. Probably would be wise to wiggle the flywheel after putting on the nut to see if there is any play. ANY is to much. Some people are not mechanically inclined and should stay away from working on saws and going on AS asking a bunch of questions. Mike

i got the washer that came with the saw under the nut. and i can still move the fly wheel and crank up and down. but who cares its going to be parts anyway

i got the washer that came with the saw under the nut. and i can still move the fly wheel and crank up and down. but who cares its going to be parts anyway

OK....ahem.. part or-not-to part :bang: :yo yo:

so is the FLYWHEEL tightening to the CRANK, or not??

with the wheel OFF, can you move the crank UP AND DOWN???

if so, the bearing is TRASHED... part the saw out, OR you could be like half the EBAYERS out there, and plead the 5th, and say it's LOW HRS or an ESTATE saw...

:msp_rolleyes:

or you could sell just the crankcase mentioning the bearings feel good, but NOTE NOTHING about the radial play... that's always a fun time :msp_rolleyes:

bottom line, if it has spark, the ignition is worth MORE than your saw is....

J

OK....ahem.. part or-not-to part :bang: :yo yo:

so is the FLYWHEEL tightening to the CRANK, or not??

with the wheel OFF, can you move the crank UP AND DOWN???

if so, the bearing is TRASHED... part the saw out, OR you could be like half the EBAYERS out there, and plead the 5th, and say it's LOW HRS or an ESTATE saw...

:msp_rolleyes:

or you could sell just the crankcase mentioning the bearings feel good, but NOTE NOTHING about the radial play... that's always a fun time :msp_rolleyes:

bottom line, if it has spark, the ignition is worth MORE than your saw is....

J

it tighten down and everything but when i pull the fly wheel off the crank moves up and down and side to side. but it's got spark and eveyrthing. i might just part it out and just wait untill a other one comes through like i did this one.

so anyone need anything beofre it goes to e-bay?

Back