Tdc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16gauge

16gauge

ArboristSite Operative
pi

spacemule said:
Arnie, you tautologous snake, it takes two hands to clap.

I find tdc by taking bdc and adding 540 degrees or 3 pi radians. Simple eh? :fart:
spacemule, you aren't one of those nurds that get a woody 'cause it's March 14th are you? you know 3.14:confused: I think that your comment was just made to impress Simon.

Simonizer

Simonizer

Addicted to ArboristSite
16gauge said:
spacemule, you aren't one of those nurds that get a woody 'cause it's March 14th are you? you know 3.14:confused: I think that your comment was just made to impress Simon.
He is just being a smarta$$. He could have said 180 degrees or pi radians. It's kind of like "Department of redundancy department.":givebeer:

ShoerFast

ShoerFast

Tree Freak
Morrison Colorado, at the base of the Rockies
Simonizer said:
What are wieneer calipers? Do you do countertops? LMAO. When you mark TDC on the flywheel and crankcase, you can run a digital timing light to see where your advance parameters are VS RPM. I guess I may be going a little fast for you.

Thanks Ultra04

Symond

As we trust you will catch up,,,, or as you say it on the island, stay with the tour.

How, if I may ask, do you set the points / timing, while the engine is running?

Or do you only work on new saws as your hypocrisy depicts?

Understand, you may put a feather in your bonnet as you can find TDC with both hands!

Kevin

Simonizer

Simonizer

Addicted to ArboristSite
ShoerFast said:
Thanks Ultra04

Symond

As we trust you will catch up,,,, or as you say it on the island, stay with the tour.

How, if I may ask, do you set the points / timing, while the engine is running?

Or do you only work on new saws as your hypocrisy depicts?

Understand, you may put a feather in your bonnet as you can find TDC with both hands!

Kevin
Before I answer this, tell me what a flywheel key is for.

Last edited:
MacDaddy

MacDaddy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey slimonhoser whats preignition and what causes it,and whats detonation and what causes it? Hey slimonhoser how do you set intake timing on a case reed engine?This is a easy one one for you at what point does hp and torque cross on a scale (hint its rpm) which one

Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
Simonizer said:
Sorry, I was typing and on the phone simultaneously.

In that case, and anticipating your rhetorical question, it's easy - the key is just for angular location, not to stop rotation... Correct torque locks the flywheel down on the tapered shaft, after which the key is irrelevant. Did I steal your thunder?:)

Simonizer

Simonizer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Lakeside53 said:
In that case, and anticipating your rhetorical question, it's easy - the key is just for angular location, not to stop rotation... Correct torque locks the flywheel down on the tapered shaft, after which the key is irrelevant. Did I steal your thunder?:)
No, you are exactly correct. I need to know exactly where TDC is as a base point when measuring advance curves. The trigger point is then taken into consideration when positioning the flywheel.

Simonizer

Simonizer

Addicted to ArboristSite
MacDaddy said:
Hey slimonhoser whats preignition and what causes it,and whats detonation and what causes it? Hey slimonhoser how do you set intake timing on a case reed engine?This is a easy one one for you at what point does hp and torque cross on a scale (hint its rpm) which one
Your questions are too elementary to warrant response. Your last question does not make sense. You need a multi-axis graph to plot values of completely different units. Torque is taken off a dyno reading and is then used to calculate HP by knowing the RPM at the point the data was taken. HP=2pi(RPM)(Torque)/33000. (Torque must be measured in lbs*ft to keep the units consistent.) Don't wade into technical waters with me. You will quickly drown and simultaneouly waste my time while I could be arguing with someone more worthy on this forum.

ShoerFast

ShoerFast

Tree Freak
Morrison Colorado, at the base of the Rockies
Simonizer said:
No, you are exactly correct. I need to know exactly where TDC is as a base point when measuring advance curves. The trigger point is then taken into consideration when positioning the flywheel.

Are there 2 Slimonds?

In another tread, one of them had said that he didnt touch the stock timing of a rather sickly 385 that was sent to Ohio.

And then there is this one that seems obsesed with it?

Kevin

MacDaddy

MacDaddy

Addicted to ArboristSite
torque and hp always cross paths at 5252 And if the questions are to easy sorry but please playcate me with a answer I also added a picture of slimon multitasking

Simonizer

Simonizer

Addicted to ArboristSite
MacDaddy said:
torque and hp always cross paths at 5252 And if the questions are to easy sorry but please playcate me with a answer I also added a picture of slimon multitasking
5252.1175. (Or if you new anything about math and looked at my previous formula, 33000/2 Pi. This is not some magic number CrackDaddy, it is physics. One HP is 33000 ft*lbs per minute.

Simonizer

Simonizer

Addicted to ArboristSite
ShoerFast said:
Are there 2 Slimonds?

In another tread, one of them had said that he didnt touch the stock timing of a rather sickly 385 that was sent to Ohio.

And then there is this one that seems obsesed with it?

Kevin
And there lies one of the differences between a work saw and a race saw. Boy do you guys ever need spoon-feeding.

MacDaddy

MacDaddy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Simonizer said:
And there lies one of the differences between a work saw and a race saw. Boy do you guys ever need spoon-feeding.
But you said you DONT build race saws because you make money building the best and most reliable work saws on the market

Latest posts