Tech school

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihltech

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few things I learned today:
The 280 and 270 are for the european market to satisfy the new vibration standard. Wait for the 280.

The 4 mix is to get credits with the EPA so the other 2 cycles will average out.

No Crane cam for the 4mix at this time.

Fuel injection has been running on a Stihl saw since 1984. Direct injection. Just too expensive.

290 will be around awhile.

270/280 are pro saws.

"Wait for the 280"

I guess you are saying that Stihl is maintaining their even-odd numbering system to identify pro saws from homeowner versions? Minus the 0 on the end, obviously.
Are you implying that the 270 is replacing the 025/250?

Stihl could use a Pro version in between the 260 and 360. Will the 280 fill that gap? Or is the 280 a planned replacement for the 260? If they replace the 260, they will need a new 240 for an upsized climbing saw for people like me. My current 260 is at the upper limits of what I'm comfortable using in a tree for blocking wood. Degeneration of nerves in my neck have caused reduced strength in my right arm and hand. I can't swing a 10# saw like I used to. :(

Ben Crago, Northeast Stihl Tech guy. Lays it out straight, even if it doesn't flatter Stihl. He is the guy that tries to destroy whatever will not last on the saw.
I get real good info from him. He makes it an actual TECH school.

Originally posted by stihltech
Ben Crago, Northeast Stihl Tech guy. Lays it out straight, even if it doesn't flatter Stihl. He is the guy that tries to destroy whatever will not last on the saw.
I get real good info from him. He makes it an actual TECH school.

I used to talk with Ben Crago all the time when he was in the Mifflinton, Pa. distributer. I learned a lot from him. Great guy and very knowledgable in his field.

Yeah it was pretty boring. We did the teardown on the 4mix.

I hurried and got done first cause i had to pee.

started 1/2 hour late cause the power was out.
some woman was trapped inbetween the 1st and 2nd floor in the elevator, the glass kind. the fact that she was on crutches made it even more humorus.

Hey, what happened to Al at Northeast Stihl?

Back