Tennessee GTG 6/19

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a great time at the TN GTG. Terry Landrum and his wife did a great job hosting the event. It was a great opportunity for me to pick the brains of many who know so much more than I do about saws and sawing.

I had a great time too, I really want to thanks Terry and his wife for putting this together. I was able to get my paws on some nice saws, what a blast.

well I wana start off by saying THANK YOU to Terry and his wife. The location and set up was Great! and the spread of food was Awesome!, but I ran off before i got to try the pecan pie :( Thank you to Bailey's for all the Great goodies. They really out did themselves with all the great stuff they sent. That is just one reason I support there fine company.. because they support us. Thanks again to all who had a hand in making today such a great get together.

I enjoyed getting to meet everyone. Everyone was very laid back, had a good time and were very willing to help or share knowledge and I appreciated all of it.

i was a little too busy to take any pics but cbrduckdog and grandpatractors daughter took pics ,itll be a day or two before hers hit the net. i had a good time and glad that everyone else did. it did come a good 15 min thunderstorm that tried to blow us away but after that things cooled down and made for a much cooler afternoon.i was very happy to see joat and some of his hopped up screamers visit us. makes me want to go back inside my work saws and make em go faster. his 084 was really fun to watch and to see everyones face when they heard the piped saw was a real kick. i may just have to send my little 026 to the left coast for a tune up before the next gtg. ive already got things cleaned up and back to normal just need to take my log truck back to the job and im all done. now if it would just dry up enough to mow my yard.

Attached are a few pictures and there are a few more but not what I thought should be on the memory card. My camera card must have been full and I did not know it during the race. But I may have forgot to take more pictures after running grandpatractors 7900.

i have to say that it ran pretty good. it was my first time running a 7900 and it was not but a little over a second slower than my 460. i would not be aposed to owning one.

Here's the pics

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
you know ,i have enough wood left here to have another gtg................... and i just may do it again at the end of summer for those of you that had something come up. so what say yee???? i may even build a good gtg saw and not just my daily runners.lol

you know ,i have enough wood left here to have another gtg................... and i just may do it again at the end of summer for those of you that had something come up. so what say yee???? i may even build a good gtg saw and not just my daily runners.lol

I say I'm :angry: cause I missed the last one and would definately like to try it again!

Mike

I got all riled up running Terry's 044 and 066. Gotta have a faster saw, I've been porting the snot out of a 359 today. :laugh:

Terry if you do it at the end of summer or even in the fall count me in. With any luck I'll have my 046 finished too.

Latest posts

Back