The 70cc modifie'd saw claim's.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

110754d1254615118-chainsaws-360-jpg

Obviously designed for Poaching fire wood from your neighbours yard while they sleep...what a good idea...

If the hook angles are bad as well than yes, any wood no matter how soft will do that.:msp_wink:

srcarr52 your right about having a chain like that will beat up the bottom end.

It isn't the chain, ya boobs.. There is no such thing as a hook angle in square ground chain. It is a chisel tip. And no, it didn't have a bad beak on it. It is simply running too low a raker for Douglas Fir to be heavily leaned on. That exact same set up slices through big leaf maple, Alder, Birch, and Ash like it almost isn't there.

Ash...uh..or was that maple..I forget...it went so fast.:

medium.jpg

Popular thred eh? No wasn't thinking of stepping away, because I have thin skin. This site can just be really newbie dominate'd, and just all hot rod and modification's at time's. I guess I steppe'd in, and got lucky to see the end of some real glory day's, and meet some real great woodsman, and faller's in my life. Just be nice to see a little more of that here. Ran into a guy the other day in person at a bbq. Seeme'd to think he was a saw expert, couldn't remember any saw's dating before a 046, or 66. Thought to myself you never even heard of a 056? But you been cutting how long LOL! Just use'd to the real Mcoy I guess. Some on this site are, and quite a few aren't. Yeah I did present a challenge, and guy's backpedalle'd, and mostly got real defensive over one cc class. I am multi dimensional that's why I have several size's. I cash allowe'd would buy more. When someone say's it will flat out whip a 66 that is just a bold claim I have heard before, but learne'd it is lack of experience so it's ok. I am over it, and will move on to better thing's, but will make it clear I am not a bull####ter or backpeddler, will alway's look a man square in the eye, and tell the truth. I grew up by a certain code, and wish alot of people in the world could live by a code of ethic's, and respect.

Popular thred eh? No wasn't thinking of stepping away, because I have thin skin. This site can just be really newbie dominate'd, and just all hot rod and modification's at time's. I guess I steppe'd in, and got lucky to see the end of some real glory day's, and meet some real great woodsman, and faller's in my life. Just be nice to see a little more of that here. Ran into a guy the other day in person at a bbq. Seeme'd to think he was a saw expert, couldn't remember any saw's dating before a 046, or 66. Thought to myself you never even heard of a 056? But you been cutting how long LOL! Just use'd to the real Mcoy I guess. Some on this site are, and quite a few aren't. Yeah I did present a challenge, and guy's backpedalle'd, and mostly got real defensive over one cc class. I am multi dimensional that's why I have several size's. I cash allowe'd would buy more. When someone say's it will flat out whip a 66 that is just a bold claim I have heard before, but learne'd it is lack of experience so it's ok. I am over it, and will move on to better thing's, but will make it clear I am not a bull####ter or backpeddler, will alway's look a man square in the eye, and tell the truth. I grew up by a certain code, and wish alot of people in the world could live by a code of ethic's, and respect.

You bring up an interesting point... older saws (056, 076, 090) were large displacements. Now days the high speed, high hp saws are king. Sure those old saws pull .404-1/2 chain like no other but as technology increases and the EPA crack down on us there has been a changing of the guard. 3/8 chain has become a standard for most bars and skip chain covers the rest and there is not much of a need for large cc saws (some what because you older folk got to cut all the really big ones). If the saw can turn it's peak torque RPM with the bar buried then you're good... no need to carry larger, no need to burn more fuel. If you really want to compare, it's the same wit every internal combustion engine. Remove the late 70's-80's and engines of less displacements are propelling cars of similar weight much faster then they have before.

Don't get me wrong... I would give a lot to live a day in your starting years. The work was pure and the forest even more.

Good point's Scarr, Point implie'd was he thought he had such an extensive saw background, and somebody with the so calle'd extensive saw resume, would have heard of a 056, 064, 288xp, 394 xp. 750 homelite, Mac chainsaw's even LOL! Just meaning he was a bull####ter LOL! All he ever heard of was a 660, and 046. P.S to my friend's, and real sawyer's on this site thank's for the support. Ill be there anytime! NORMZILLA!

Good point's Scarr, Point implie'd was he thought he had such an extensive saw background, and somebody with the so calle'd extensive saw resume, would have heard of a 056, 064, 288xp, 394 xp. 750 homelite, Mac chainsaw's even LOL! Just meaning he was a bull####ter LOL! All he ever heard of was a 660, and 046. P.S to my friend's, and real sawyer's on this site thank's for the support. Ill be there anytime! NORMZILLA!

I was trying to avoid my favorite saws since this thread was about Stihls but you brought it up so what about the 2100, 2101xp, 298xp but I think the 394 is a little new to be in the same category but by far my favorite saw thus far.

Just curious, what's a "Real Sawyer"?

Latest posts

Back