The 70cc modifie'd saw claim's.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
056 kid, back before the 66's I had a 056 myself. It was a mean machine! Still got one don't you?

I had an 056 super, the clutch blew up and the guy I worked for said he would fix it up, get it right. It's been years now and I have not seen that saw. . I would like to own a clean mag II though, I ran one that I'm fairly sure had been worked over, good and strong. . .

That is one heck of a long thread to read! I finished my dads 046 with 064 pop-up piston, ported, and muffler mod. It pulls 205 psi cold, and i love running it. But 90% of the time in 24 in or bigger I grab the 066, just fells right to me. Run what ya like! Great thread though :rock:

Deets066, Catchy handle i like it. You beat me to the punch long thread, I was gonna say but a good one LOL!

Faller, dammit. Sawyers work for the Feds. Or better yet, in a mill!

My first saw job was working for the State blue and red cards. So, I got used to using the word 'Sawyer'. Then the cutters and fallers here broke me of that(at least on line). Now in England and Ireland, they go by 'Fellers' if they specialize only in felling trees(and no one really calls it 'falling' over here). Maybe I'll just start calling it 'smashing'.

Dang...that took some time to get through.

So let me see if I got the gist: big saws for big wood, small saws for small wood, and cutting Doug fir is not a prerequisite for knowing how it cuts.

How'd I do fellers?

Hey Brad...I never got in the habit myself, but you really should be looking up once in a while.

Good deal Brad, nice video. I can see the bump in the 70cc, over stock. I have had to buck, and quarter that stuff with my 044 before. I gotta say though think I would take the 440, or 372 over the 441. CDF cutter's all pack 044-440-441. Get alot of feed back a few say the 441 has a little more toque. Most prefer the 440. I just don't like the feel of the 441, or the new 261. Maybe just take'd getting use'd to. But I like the 440. Take a road trip to Redwood country dude, we could o on tour:rockn::rockn:

Working with you guys in the forest would be an incredible experience. I might last 1/2 day, lol!

That's all you got outta this thread?!

I learned that Rubik's Cube's can actually at time kick some serious @$$. :D

There was a Rubik's cube?

All I know is that with a sharp chain, all you need is 70cc...and I keep a good supply of files in my purse.

What specifically are you referring to?

Oh, I was thinking how I have been in that situation a thousand times, sitting there waiting to finish the cut with a 70 cc saw screaming it's guts out. It goes so much faster with a larger displacement saw in my experience. The bigger saws seem to pull through the grain better when you go in to make your second face cut. Where the 70cc is touchy, the 90cc lugs down before it loses steam & slips the clutch.

Oh, I was thinking how I have been in that situation a thousand times, sitting there waiting to finish the cut with a 70 cc saw screaming it's guts out. It goes so much faster with a larger displacement saw in my experience. The bigger saws seem to pull through the grain better when you go in to make your second face cut. Where the 70cc is touchy, the 90cc lugs down before it loses steam & slips the clutch.

I assume your experience is with stock 70cc saws.

:popcorn::popcorn:

Back