The Best Bar....Period

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best bar is the one where you feel comfortable, and they don't even have to ask what you want to drink, it's right there when you sit down!! THATS A GOOD BAR!!!!
I could'nt agree more with that choice!They are getting hard to find I went to school with the waitress and A buddy of mine knows the kitchen manager. They would just shout out the usual! Oh gotta get back on topic here I just got a Pro champ bar on clearance from bailey's are they any good?Sorry for stealing a thread!
:cheers:

Cannon and Stihl both make great bars. However, for half the price you can run a Oregon or Windsor that will last almost as long with a little care.
Keeping your oiler turned up goes a long ways IME in extending bar life.

This is one of those Ford vs chevy things. The weight differance between the differant manufacturers can't be more than ounces if even that much. Stihl,Cannon,Oregon,Carlton are all good imo. Just don't buy the cheapest model and you should be fine.

The best bar is the one where you feel comfortable, and they don't even have to ask what you want to drink, it's right there when you sit down!! THATS A GOOD BAR!!!!

OK, Mr. SRN. You've narrowed it down to several dozen fine establishments. But, he said to pick ONE. :jester:

Judging by how good the Rollomatic E is, my guess is that the ES is hard to beat for durability, without a heavy weight penalty, as for Cannon/Woodsmanpro and GB. :greenchainsaw:

For me, the relatively cheap and light Oregons are perfectly OK, but I am far from a pro..........

Last edited:
The GB's are about as good as it gets, however the Sasquatch Inn in B.C. has a good bar as well, but the toughest bar in Canada is the "Zoo", in Fort St. James B.C.
John

I switched from stihl bars to GB titanium About a year ago and they seem to be holding up better than the stihls. And the gb was a few dollars less than the stihl.

..but how much heavier??????

Well not enough to tell the difference. It's usually the 3' of snow or extemely steep ground that tires me not a slight difference in bar weight. Besides it's just more exercise and that never killed anybody. I THINK!

A good friend of mine can hook me up with a very good price on GB Titanium bars, have not been running them long enough to say there better then ES bars, but so they seem a good par.

The Grizzly Rose in Denver is a lot of fun, and had one of the best Football teams I would bet as any bar league in the nation, but all my rowdy friends are settling down.

I havent percieved any differance in weight between a Cannon, Stihl, GB, Windsor or Oregon. This goes for solid RSN type bars.
GB are pretty good, but cost almost as much as a Stihl. Are they worth it? Maybe to some they are, but not me. I just keep using el cheapo Oregons and Windsors.

I have Canons,Stihl ESs, Oregons Powermatches and reduced weights, and some Carlton Branded bars. The Canon's (and WP) I have are much heavier than any of the others. I've actually quit buying Canons mostly because of the extra weight, especially my 36 inchers. Great bars, though.

Back