The Chinese Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozflea

Good ol' BP Zoom 25-1
Reaction score
Enough of the china bashing this thread is for those who have purchased and used China's copies of the Stihl 090 and 070
Lets us know how the product worked and how it lasted are they are bad as some make out no doubt the supposive puritians will jump
on the band wagon ............. yes we all know the silly arguements Stihl owners come up with as to why they think their product is better

McBob.

the argument they come up with?

Not really an argument...sometimes the truth hurts.:msp_smile:

putting the crap quality aside, its the ethics I have a problem with.

Have you owned one to know, really bashing is not what this thread is about i wanna buy a 090 / 070 bottom end china might make a decent one thats what i need to know and whats their canks like

McBob.

stihlcrank.jpg

stihlccase.jpg

And besides i'd be buying new items not worn out junk at ebay prices i recall 30 years ago way before the chinese started Italy was doing the same i think Effco were the company making many replacement parts for various saws

Last edited:
The quality of the steel is where the problem will most likey come from. It will last for a shor while though if your going to use it sparingly.

Have you owned one to know, really bashing is not what this thread is about i wanna buy a 090 / 070 bottom end china might make a decent one thats what i need to know and whats their canks like

McBob.

stihlcrank.jpg

stihlccase.jpg

And besides i'd be buying new items not worn out junk at ebay prices i recall 30 years ago way before the chinese started Italy was doing the same i think Effco were the company making many replacement parts for various saws

I don't have to own one to know that building a chainsaw and putting Stihl on it is poor ethics. It is outright cheating. It is dishonest. It is decptive, and it is wrong, period.

I would think that the EMAS brand of Chinese copies would be pretty good. I have a Chinese engine with a Emas carb. I've never had any trouble with it other than sticking a standard Walbro "WAT" style metering diaphragm in it after a while.

EMAS makes both Husky and Stihl copies. They usually say EMAS on them. You need to be aware that these have prices in the $150 range and to be paying 90% of what a genuine article costs is not acceptable. Many of them are of obsolete versions no longer available in the USA.

Brush cutter Parts, Chain Saws, Chain Saw Parts direct from

The reality is they here and even stihl cant make them go away injust wanna buy 1 not the company

Besides that what happened when America prostituded the rest of the world with there less than superior quality products
Face it fellas once you were at the top of the tree but now sitting a row or two back might be your proper place

And thats right the truth hurts doesn't it.

McBob.

Have a talk to MCW (Matt) or gmax (Wayne), they have had experience with 070/090 chinese copies. Quality was definitely lacking...

Legitimate companies all over the world are being victimized by these people. Husky, Stihl, Yamaha, and others spend millions on research and development of a product only to have these chumps come in and "reverse engineer" their product and market it without having to incur even close to what they spent. It should in my opinion be illegal to import and sell this trash! I've spent a good chunk of change on my two Husky saws without ever considering the alternative!

Legitimate companies all over the world are being victimized by these people. Husky, Stihl, Yamaha, and others spend millions on research and development of a product only to have these chumps come in and "reverse engineer" their product and market it without having to incur even close to what they spent. It should in my opinion be illegal to import and sell this trash! I've spent a good chunk of change on my two Husky saws without ever considering the alternative!

Well well now didn't that happen when the last world war ended talk about borrowing technology whose brains put you fellas into space ................ duh

McBob.

The reality is they here and even stihl cant make them go away injust wanna buy 1 not the company

Besides that what happened when America prostituded the rest of the world with there less than superior quality products
Face it fellas once you were at the top of the tree but now sitting a row or two back might be your proper place

And thats right the truth hurts doesn't it.

McBob.

What exactly are these less than superior quality products that America prostituted the rest of the world with? I love these broad BS statements that people make sometimes. Are they those Macs that you have your sig loaded with? Maybe guys don't like being ripped off when the Chi coms sell fake 365's as authentic. Go buy you chi com crank and blow your 090. The only thing America has done for the world in the last 50 years is save it's azz from tyranny.:msp_mad:

This was a freebie,
PICT0011Custom.jpg

After a few hours use this is what had to be replaced/repaired
Carby
The starter
Oil pump
Clutch
fix the gap between the air filter box and carby
choke linkage didn't engage

The actual engine seems ok, just everything that bolts on around it is not good.

I'm getting in the shower now so I can go to my 3rd shift job to make some less than superior products. I'm sure this thread will be loaded up when I check it in the morning.:msp_sneaky:

Well well now didn't that happen when the last world war ended talk about borrowing technology whose brains put you fellas into space ................ duh

McBob.

Duh??
Cannot really compare industrial espionage to "the spoils" of war can you? The Peenemunde scientists which included rocket pioneers like Wernher vonBraun fled west towards the American forces to avoid capture by the Soviets. If they hadn't the world might be a different place than we know right now!
Last time I looked Southern Ontario was not part of that great nation to the south of me....so I cannot really be grouped in with "you fellas". Canadians didn't enter into the space program until the shuttle program.

Last edited:
Back