The Great WI 50cc Challenge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Troll ....Im not a Dolmar dealer ..........I sell used Huskys ,Jreds ,Stihl's and a few older used Dolmars......

That doesn't fit with other info I have, among it some of your own bragging posts in the past.

I believe you when you say you are not a dealer, but you sure represent one on them (not Scott and Steve) in some way, promoting the saws.
You have used the word "sold" about what you do yourself, but officially you are probably not the seller.

Last edited:
That doesn't fit with other info I have, among it some of your own bragging posts in the past.

All the Dolmars I have bought new are mine .........You'll have to find a dealer to buy yours from......

Troll I have 85 saws and only had one that was kept new in the box.....That one I donated for a Breast Cancer fund raiser.........
I did just buy a new 251.4 and a 7601.4 and they get used a lot this time of the year.........

BTW My local dealer's sell plenty of products in this area .................I do buy plenty of there trade-ins .......

I must say when I get out to Boyds area I might buy a Jred from him if he has what I want ...

Last edited:
Niko if Husky would use a heavier clutch (more rotating mass) they would maybe have more torque. I know the 346 and all other husyredpoulans use alot lighter clutch than Dolmar or Stihl uses. Maybe that is also why huskys tend to stop in the cut if you breath too heavy on them while in a cut. And why they do not come FACTORY equipped with the better lasting more durable 3/8" chain...

Scott

Last edited:
Independant and unbiased judge!

LOL, this is just getting too funny....:givebeer:

Happily, we actually have a totally unbiased Judge of great integrity here - he is a Stihl dealer, namely THALL, and he own both the 5100S and the NE346xp.

It is no secret that he likes the 346xp much better than the 5100, that mostly has been collecting dust after he got the 346xp - and he does it for the same reasons that I do! :clap::clap:

Actually I am unbiased as well, even thoug some prefere not to believe it, but that is another story.

Happily, we actually have a totally unbiased Judge of great integrity here - he is a Stihl dealer, namely THALL, and he own both the 5100S and the NE346xp.

Don't I remember THALL trying to talk his boss into being a DEALER for DOLMAR???

Scott

It is no secret that he likes the 346xp much better than the 5100, that mostly has been collecting dust after he got the 346xp - and he does it for the same reasons that I do! :clap::clap:

Actually I am unbiased as well, even thoug some prefere not to believe it, but that is another story.

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy don't get me into yaws yelling match,LOL

Yes I do prefer the 346 over the 5100 but for reasons much differant than what I read in this thread. To me both the 5100 and the 346 are trim saws designed for trimming, limbing, not blocking. I'm no cookie cutter so neither of these saws interest me in the block, I want them up in the limbs where they are intended to be used. Neither one is big enough to be considered all around use chainsaws though I'm sure many use them for that purpose. To me they are what they are, trim saws.

In the block my 5100 has a slight edge on my 346, about a second. It pulls alittle harder and comes out the bottom of the block first everytime but only about a second or less ahead. I've timed them both and they run well within a second of each other in the block. I don't use these saws for blocking so which is the fastest in the block doesn't matter to me.

Get out the block and get up in the thick of limbs its a completely differant story altogether. The 346 kills the 5100 in ease of handling making it the better saw of the two for what they are intended to be used for. In small stuff thanks to explosive throttle repsonce it outcuts the 5100 as well. Anyone who has ever used both of these saws up in the thick of limbs where handling means more than block speed knows full well the 346 is the better of the two. The advantage in the limbs to me is worth the extra cost of the 346 though maybe not to many others. I bought them to use, not play with.

Not counting out the 5100 at all, it is a better buy for the buck but its not a better buy as the best trim saw. Its a mean little saw, cuts great but try them both where they are meant to be used the 346 wins. The 5100 is a better all around use saw due to its slight power advantage but its not a all around use saw so to me it doesn't matter. Cookie cutters will like the 5100 alot. They guys out in the woods will take the 346 for ease of handling. Look at the sales numbers of both, its obvious who's winning the real war out in the woods and the numbers are justified.

Now I'm gonna go out in the shed and pacify them both and warn them, a new hot rod 50cc Stihl is in the works and they may both have to get out the shed before long,LOLOL

Don't I remember THALL trying to talk his boss into being a DEALER for DOLMAR???

Scott

You sure did. I tried my hiny off to getem in the store. Still would too, I would have no problem selling them. I'm not into this war between the 346 and 5100. Hell I sell the old 260 and I sell many and my 260 users are as happy with those as these cats with those hot rod 5100's and 346's. Goes to show most could care less about chainsaws, they just want a saw, thats all,:cheers::cheers:

Niko if Husky would use a heavier clutch (more rotating mass) they would maybe have more torque. I know the 346 and all other husyredpoulans use alot lighter clutch than Dolmar or Stihl uses. Maybe that is also why huskys tend to stop in the cut if you breath too heavy on them while in a cut. And why they do not come FACTORY equipped with the better lasting more durable 3/8" chain...

Scott

just like Niko your is only opinion....what makes 3/8th better on those saws? and i guess it depends on whta your cutting to. Some of the guys racing here in OZ are getting better results in our hardwood with .325 over 3/8 and this on upto 75cc saws.

oh and most saws these day come with crappy safety chain FACTORY so it doesnt matter whether 3/8th or .325 i would still be changing it out.....regarding why the .325 comes on the husky, my guess is the engineers that know alot more than me worked out that that is optimum for the 346xp as the dolmar guys figured 3/8th is for theirs....no better or worse just different

and if your 346xp is stopping in the cut when the dolmar woudlnt even hesitate, i would guess there is more involved than the differences between the 2 saws.

my opinion is that all 3 (stihl260, husky 346xp and dolmar 5100) are great saws. all are really well built and finished. especially the dolmar. to me i didnt like the feel of the stihl even though i really want to add a stihl to the line up. i got a 346xp as it was easier for me at the time. later i got a 5100s for a mate and we ran both, like both. but im still dead happy with the husky... and yes i think it has the edge as a limbing saw.

cheers,
Serg

Scott

and while dolmar compete agianst Stihl,they aren considered the competetion that husky is, so husky would never get a look in nore should it.....

and at the end of the day its more than good saws that was the deciding factor as why Mr Thall's boss didnt pic Dolmar up.

Serg

No beer, no deer, no steak, no dogs..... are you guys "funny"?
LOL, just kidding great job. Thanks guys :clap:

What do you mean! We saved the beer for after, when the sharp saws were done.
100_2088%20%28Small%29.JPG

and while dolmar compete agianst Stihl,they aren considered the competetion that husky is, so husky would never get a look in nore should it.....

and at the end of the day its more than good saws that was the deciding factor as why Mr Thall's boss didnt pic Dolmar up.

Serg

No, to be completely honest and not to be making fun of Dolmar this is what really happened. We got into mowers, Toro, just push mowers to start with. We set up an account at Perferred Power in NC. They are Brigg&Stratton and part of they're big distributor network. They handle Dolmar as well. I got the notion to sell both, Dolmar and Stihl, the pricing of the Dolmar looked real good. My idea was simple. Those that didn't want to pay the Stihl price could buy the Dolmar instead. I felt certain I could move both brands. I laid out my idea to the honcho's and not one of them had ever heard the name Dolmar. Thats what killed the idea. They would not budge on a product they felt was very little known of in our area. They're point was clear, we haven't heard of them, what makes you think others have in this area. I had no answer to give them. Thats how it all went down. I still think to this day I could move both brands on pricing alone but thats the way it goes..

No, to be completely honest and not to be making fun of Dolmar this is what really happened. We got into mowers, Toro, just push mowers to start with. We set up an account at Perferred Power in NC. They are Brigg&Stratton and part of they're big distributor network. They handle Dolmar as well. I got the notion to sell both, Dolmar and Stihl, the pricing of the Dolmar looked real good. My idea was simple. Those that didn't want to pay the Stihl price could buy the Dolmar instead. I felt certain I could move both brands. I laid out my idea to the honcho's and not one of them had ever heard the name Dolmar. Thats what killed the idea. They would not budge on a product they felt was very little known of in our area. They're point was clear, we haven't heard of them, what makes you think others have in this area. I had no answer to give them. Thats how it all went down. I still think to this day I could move both brands on pricing alone but thats the way it goes..

yeah, thats kinda what i was getting at. What would your boss say to selling Husky? There was enough of a difference one way or another to warrant it. The idea of you selling dolmar is good to me, you can offer another german made quality pro saw, giving the customer choice, and dolmar would be greatful for another outlet. You would still be primarilay a Stihl dealer that sold dolamr as well. To me it wouldnt make sense to sell Husky and stihl in the same shop.

i was going to rep you for your other post in here, but ran out of bullets

Serg

Scott

That's one of the complaint's around here with the Red Oak and a sharp chain the smaller jred/huskies stick alot. The 2153 acts just like my 2156, cold blooded and cuts great wide open, lug it much and she'll stick. The 5100 cuts well into the lower rpms. A trip to Ohio would fix the 2153, it worked for my 2156. I just broke one of my rules, stay out of politics, religion and 346/5100 arguments. I would buy EITHER saw.

This thread almost sounds like the old Ford VS Chevy arguments,but we all know who wins there...

Back