The new internet policy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thall, I have never and would never call a dealer and ask him to diagnose something over the phone in order to screw him out of a service charge. Of course I service all my own stuff.

The man just can't actually answer a direct question.

Tell ya what, competition is great huh? Lots of ways to compete too. Baileys competes with low ball prices, I'm competing with help from a policy. Tough luck for my opponent. It's dog eat dog competition. Take 'em out anyway you can. Knock 'em out of the game. Have no mercy. Show no sympathy. Screw 'em if they can't adapt. Let 'em die. It's all OK just so long as the money ends up in my wallet. That the way you guys want it?

About Computerusers comments: Why should a lawyer get $200 an hour? Because it's a closed club? Because he passed a test given by his peers? Why shouldn't anybody be able to open up a law office? Who needs the bar? Maybe we should import a bunch of lawyers from China that would only charge $25 an hour. Or maybe Wal-mart should have some discount lawyers wearing smile badges. Competition is great! Let's have some more of it.

Baileys competes with low ball prices,
Baileys prices on saws are not that low.
Tell ya what, competition is great huh? Lots of ways to compete too. Baileys competes with low ball prices, I'm competing with help from a policy. Tough luck for my opponent. It's dog eat dog competition. Take 'em out anyway you can. Knock 'em out of the game. Have no mercy. Show no sympathy. Screw 'em if they can't adapt. Let 'em die. It's all OK just so long as the money ends up in my wallet. That the way you guys want it?
Spike, you would fit right in with Karl Marx, Trotsky and Lennin. Taking advantage of volume buying power is not analogous to artificially stifling your competition through regulations.
In other words you cant compete so you change the rules till you can....
This is going to bite Husky in the Azz IMO.

Well, Thall is right about it. It doesn't matter what I think, or you or anybody else on this site. I think from past experience that the consumer is going to get screwed royally. That's my opinion, it and $2 will get you a cup of coffee in most places, so take it for what it's worth. I've got better things to do than get involved in something I can't do anything about, so you guys have fun. I'm done.

Andy

Durn Red I didn't mean it to sound that way but fact is thats the way it is. The end user isn't going to tell big companies like Elux or Stihl how they will conduct their business. They didn't get as big as they have by accident.
From what I can gather about Husky and this internet thing, they have apparently decided its doing them more harm than good, if not why would they bother to even fool with at all. Apparently the harm out weighs those who enjoy the net buying so they are doing something about it. I guess they figure those that they lose will be offset by others that walk in the dealers, there are alot of people out there.

I think 2.00 for a cup of coffee is outragous Red,LOL. I refuse to pay that much for a cup but I won't complain about the guy charging that much for it, he just won't get my 2.00. Its that simple. Fact of the matter is and I'm sure you will agree, I've never seen anyone twist anyone's arm to buy anything. All these consumers are only comsumers when they are shopping. By day they are working somewhere and most likely trying to make a buck like everyone else. I went to the doctor a few years ago with a bad cold. He checked me over and said yup, you got a bad cold. 5 minutes, 95.00 bill. This same doctor came in the shop one day and bought a saw. He didn't ask for any discounts and I teased him saying welp its your turn to pay now buddy, he laffed and said yes it is, lets do it. That said everyone is a comsumer at sometime, me, you and anyone that buys anything. How we go about it is all by choice, no one is twisting our arms..

About Computerusers comments: Why should a lawyer get $200 an hour? Because it's a closed club? Because he passed a test given by his peers? Why shouldn't anybody be able to open up a law office? Who needs the bar? Maybe we should import a bunch of lawyers from China that would only charge $25 an hour. Or maybe Wal-mart should have some discount lawyers wearing smile badges. Competition is great! Let's have some more of it.
Spike, can you function as a lawyer, pass the bar, etc? If you can, your more than welcome to have a go at it. That doesnt mean your guaranteed to make $200 a hour though. My uncle is a lawyer and he choses to work at GM because he can make more money there.
Of course what you want to hear is that no matter what a azz hole I am, no matter what a ????e business person I am, no matter what I charge, no matter how a I treat people I want to make money because I have invested in a dealership. Dont work that way in a capitalist system my friend.

25 inch.

carcrash.

I know, bad joke, sorry. :deadhorse: :bang: :taped:

It's o.k., I have to face it every day... "I wanted a 24 inch bar. Sorry, but you gave me a 25 inch bar"... Grrrr.... Dealer is obviously an idiot. Customer is obviously an idiot.:biggrinbounce2:

Ok, talk about ripping off people, how much profit is pulled out of a cup of Starbucks price fixed coffee? And how much do they pay there employees? You want to complain about 20something percent on a $5-$800 saw, how about 400% on a cup of Joe????

Ok, talk about ripping off people, how much profit is pulled out of a cup of Starbucks price fixed coffee? And how much do they pay there employees? You want to complain about 20something percent on a $5-$800 saw, how about 400% on a cup of Joe????

The ones that complain sure like there Starbucks coffee.....

Baileys prices on saws are not that low.

In other words you cant compete so you change the rules till you can....

Well, to tell you the truth Benny, I actually compete pretty darn well. I guess we are constantly "adapting", since our business grows every year. My saw prices are just about the same as Baileys every day of the week. Who knows, maybe Husky will tell me I have to raise them? I also offer many things that online sellers can't. My business is focused on dominating the local market which we do. We have no interest in shipping saws all over the country. We also have no interest in online or box store buyers wandering in to our store when they have a problem with their saw. We don't need them or their business. And it's really funny to see the looks on their faces when we tell them that. As I've said in many posts before, our customers are happy and very loyal. We'd probably even be able to please you Ben. But if I'm not involved when you buy it, then I'm not involved when you break it.

Awwwwwwwww you cheap huzzy. My daughter loves StarBucks coffee. She pays over 4.00 a cup for whatever the hell she is getting. I gave her a fit saying no cup of coffee is worth 4.00, are you crazy. Guess what she told me, she said pop who is paying for it, me or you, LOLOL I tucked my tail in and went back to watching TV and kept my mouth shut after that!!!!!!

Maybe I should open up one in Marquette? With all the FIB's moving up here there might be a market....

You could retire a LOT sooner if you did!!! WhoreBucks is GARAUNTEED INSTANT MONEY!!!! People go plumb STUPID around here for it, it's like $4.50 a cup!!!!

Awwwwwwwww you cheap huzzy. My daughter loves StarBucks coffee. She pays over 4.00 a cup for whatever the hell she is getting. I gave her a fit saying no cup of coffee is worth 4.00, are you crazy. Guess what she told me, she said pop who is paying for it, me or you, LOLOL I tucked my tail in and went back to watching TV and kept my mouth shut after that!!!!!!

All saw shops should sell Starbucks coffee .... Then you could retire...

Maybe I should open up one in Marquette? With all the FIB's moving up here there might be a market....

Ben whats this you got a lodge, cool. I would love to take a vacation and come fuss with you for a week, really I would love it. Whats your rates at your lodge, if I can afford them I'm coming to see your orenry hide. Tell me about this lodge of yours...

Starbucks? What the heck is that?
I hojnestly dont have a Starbucks within 100 miles of where I live.

A google robot just caught Ben's post.... A light just went on in a starbux office somewhere, and a pin was put in the map....

I didn't think it was possible to live 100 miles from a *$$ :hmm3grin2orange: Around here the distance is like 100 feet downtown, and 100 yards in the suburbs, and about every mile on the highways (drive though). Most highway shack business plans seem to be about bikini Fridays.. but some you can't tell it's Monday, Tuesday, wed...

All saw shops should sell Starbucks coffee .... Then you could retire...

Ha, its hard enuff not going death when I sell a spark plug for 3.00. They go whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. I know what a 4.00 cup of coffee would get me, SHOT!

Well, to tell you the truth Benny, I actually compete pretty darn well. I guess we are constantly "adapting", since our business grows every year. My saw prices are just about the same as Baileys every day of the week. Who knows, maybe Husky will tell me I have to raise them? I also offer many things that online sellers can't. My business is focused on dominating the local market which we do
Well then net sales arent getting into your pants. Why are you so against them?
The refusal to service box store bought saws is pretty lame though. Maybe your making so much money that you can through revenue out the window because you feel like it?
BTW I am quit happy with my local Husky dealer and I have a Stihl dealer that is good as well, but he is 6 hours away.

I want to make money because I have invested in a dealership. Dont work that way in a capitalist system my friend.

Ben; you've said this a couple of times, and I'm honestly not sure what point you are trying to make. I don't believe that any dealer feels that he is "entitled" to a profit simply because he exists. Is that what you are suggesting? I think that most of us feel that we have to work for a profit just like you do. I never said that whoring out saws online is "unfair" It's simply a nuisence I'd like to eliminate any way I can. Husky's new policy is not the result of someones opinion of what is fair. It is simply their judgement as to what's best for their business.

I guess that business is business, and that we all line up on whatever side of the argument has the positive impact on our own wallets. Just human nature, and we shouldn't lose sight of that, and let this degenerate into a good guys/ bad guys thing.

Back