The worst customer support I have ever experienced!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale.Z

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am fit to be tied!!! This post is a follow up to my PS 5100 saga from last week. http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=113212 Just got of the phone with my local DOLMAR dealer who is currently in possession of my 4 month old PS 5100 and was told that they are NOT going to warranty the saw!
Get this, I took it back to the dealer as many of you here had suggested. Told them it won’t idle right. There fix was they dumped out MY gas and filled it with THERE gas adjusted the idle and said my fuel was old.
OK that was last week. Came home pulled the muffler as per many of you had suggested and found the damage. Took it back and told them yes you made it idle again but it’s just not the same something is wrong. Could you please take a closer look at it? That same night the tec working on it calls me up and said he can’t find anything wrong with the saw could I be a little more descriptive. I told him go cut some damm wood and you’ll see it lost its nut! He said he did cut some little stuff and it cut fine…….. so with all I had not to come through the phone I asked him if he would PLEASE run a compression test on my equipment.
I heard nothing from them for the next three days! I called them this afternoon and I was told yes they found some damage to the cylinder wall and piston and that it was caused by the fuel having to high of an alcohol content in it and that DOLMAR said they are not going to warranty the saw!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I direct him to that fact that this is pure 100% B.S because guess what jack? The fuel you’re testing claiming to be to high an alcohol content to it is your FREAKIN FUEL NOT MINE per the service order # xxxxxx you completed last week (changed fuel serviced carb low speed)! He said that’s not possible!
So now dealer and the manufacture are in bed together I am out a very expensive saw! This is by far the worst customer support I have ever experienced! It will be a cold day in hell before I ever consider there products again!
I think I am going to start drinking early today.

I am fit to be tied!!! This post is a follow up to my PS 5100 saga from last week. http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=113212 Just got of the phone with my local DOLMAR dealer who is currently in possession of my 4 month old PS 5100 and was told that they are NOT going to warranty the saw!
Get this, I took it back to the dealer as many of you here had suggested. Told them it won’t idle right. There fix was they dumped out MY gas and filled it with THERE gas adjusted the idle and said my fuel was old.
OK that was last week. Came home pulled the muffler as per many of you had suggested and found the damage. Took it back and told them yes you made it idle again but it’s just not the same something is wrong. Could you please take a closer look at it? That same night the tec working on it calls me up and said he can’t find anything wrong with the saw could I be a little more descriptive. I told him go cut some damm wood and you’ll see it lost its nut! He said he did cut some little stuff and it cut fine…….. so with all I had not to come through the phone I asked him if he would PLEASE run a compression test on my equipment.
I heard nothing from them for the next three days! I called them this afternoon and I was told yes they found some damage to the cylinder wall and piston and that it was caused by the fuel having to high of an alcohol content in it and that DOLMAR said they are not going to warranty the saw!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I direct him to that fact that this is pure 100% B.S because guess what jack? The fuel you’re testing claiming to be to high an alcohol content to it is your FREAKIN FUEL NOT MINE per the service order # xxxxxx you completed last week (changed fuel serviced carb low speed)! He said that’s not possible!
So now dealer and the manufacture are in bed together I am out a very expensive saw! This is by far the worst customer support I have ever experienced! It will be a cold day in hell before I ever consider there products again!

Wow, thats tough. Can you contact the manufacturer directly? Or maybe just the local sales rep? I have actually had the same problem with my 372, in that when I took it to the dealer they told me I had bad gas, funny thing was it was a tank they put in there when I bought the saw..... They were a bit sheepish when I told them, but they owned up and figured it out. That sounds like a bad dealer, the saw should be warrantied.

This dealer is a :censored: look how many people read this thread and look how much damage it does to the brand.

I hope Dolmar makes it right for you

Wow, thats tough. Can you contact the manufacturer directly? Or maybe just the local sales rep? I have actually had the same problem with my 372, in that when I took it to the dealer they told me I had bad gas, funny thing was it was a tank they put in there when I bought the saw..... They were a bit sheepish when I told them, but they owned up and figured it out. That sounds like a bad dealer, the saw should be warrantied.

I think that's good advice. Things will probably get sorted out.

I already know the awnser but is there another Dolmar dealer anywhere close??

Mike

That sucks, I feel bad for you. I have not read your first thread, but did you try to contact Dolmar yourself? I would let the dealer and Dolmar know you will try your hardest to bash their names on the web. It sounds childish, but what their telling you is childish and complete BS. Good luck man!

Wooooooo there. You've been very very smart throughout this whole process with your saw, don't let your temper mess you up now. You got the service order and you have a saw that is not lean seized but damaged internally. That saw did not have a lean burn, that was obvious from the pics. You have a dealer testing his own fuel and you got the service order to prove it. Your set, time to go to step two.

All you need to do is get your saw back, take a few more pics of the damage. Call Dolmar and explain the whole deal from beginning to end. They may ask for a copy of the service order and want to see the pics or saw itself. I think when they see it or the pics, the service order and learn of all this your going to get a brand new saw or that one repaired...

:
Wow.

Blame the saw, blame the dealer, blame the tech, blame the fuel mixture, blame Dolmar, blame whoever you want....

I'm not suggesting anything, but if I were in your shoes I guarantee that I'd be in jail before the day runs out.

****ing ****suckers. OMG I'd freak.....

:agree2:

Dolmar Contact Information
Please send your message one of the following addresses. If possible, please note the requested department as well.

USA
DOLMAR GmbH North America
PO Box 5007
Alpharetta, GA 30023-5007

You have an urgent request or you want to talk to someone from our staff? Then, please use one of the following numbers:

Phone: 770-569-4945

Fax: 770-663-8234

Dolmar Contact Information
Please send your message one of the following addresses. If possible, please note the requested department as well.

USA
DOLMAR GmbH North America
PO Box 5007
Alpharetta, GA 30023-5007

You have an urgent request or you want to talk to someone from our staff? Then, please use one of the following numbers:

Phone: 770-569-4945

Fax: 770-663-8234

Be sure to have all the full names and titles, of the rectums that worked on the saw, and feed you manure for months.

Make sure you have the saw back first and don't dump out the gas.

Maybe Dolmar doesn't advertize much but they certainly getting the wrong kind of attention with the CAD infected people on this site. Let them know about this site and that is international!
Even though its the wrong color is there any chance that Bailey's could help in some way? Their customer service is beyond reproach...

Go to the manufacturer, if they don't help you the first time keep bothering them they give up after a few calls or emails, they try to wean out the people who want a quick fix...

I kept up with your thread and this is plain BS especially since it's their gas.

Back