Things you should not say about a saw you're trying to sell...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While paraphrased these are statements that people have said to me that brought an abrupt end to our dealings.

"Meet me in the parking lot behind Lowe's at 12a.m., bring cash."

"Meet me in the park(middle of no where far away for prying eyes and out of ear shot), bring cash. Keep our meeting secret."

"No, I will not sign a receipt saying that you bought the saw, that is why I want cash only. Why T.F. would you want a receipt?"

"I do not know anything about this saw(088). I found it. I do not remember where or when I found it."

"comes in a range of colours, black and yellow, orange, red, grey, green and purple......"

"has a 14" bar, perfect for all your firewood needs"

"saw has been modded by Lakeside..."

I like this one, "Bought new to cut one tree, don't need it anymore."
?????

I like this one, "Bought new to cut one tree, don't need it anymore."
?????

I actually do like that one for saws and generators. There was a storm, he bought a tool, used it for a day or two, and aside from needing a carb cleaning, it should be in very good shape. (oh, and the chain will have little wear but will be dull, it's never been sharpened and the owner probably doesn't know how)

I have been told this twice now, being a garage sale hunter.

I bought this saw before I moved out here it 4/5years ago, never used it here still has gas in it,but wont start:dizzy:

I couldn't get the chain brake adjusted so I went ahead and pulled it out. Now the saw is lighter and faster and - I mean come on- how many times are you "really" going to need it anyway?

This baby will chew through anything!

It used to smoke when I put oil in the gas so I stopped mixing it.

Putting oil in the gas AND filling up the other oil thingy just seemed like overkill.

(on a manual oiler) I never did figure out what this other lever/button was for...

"A 290 will do everythign an 066 will, its just a little lighter"

I was told that yesterday while I was clearing some downed trees with my 066 w/28" bar :censored: :buttkick:

Back