Thinking of new 60cc class saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugaBoots

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking to fill a gap in my saws. Currently looking at echo cs590 and efco 165.

I like the idea of the 590 because there is more out there and I can slowly upgrade it and parts are easier to get a hold of. I dont like that it has a less common bar mount pattern.

The efco I can get for about 150 more and on paper it looks lighter and more powerfully. I dont like that I cant get a wrap handle for it.

This will most likely become my primary felling and bucking saw for anything of size and a lighter saw to pack around than my 2186.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

My efco dealer is also a jonsered dealer so ill have him price one for me.

Not sure about efco 165's but my buddy's 156 goes through a kill switch roughly every season.

Now correct me if I'm wrong here. The 555 equivalent red would be a 2258, and the 562 would match up to the 2260 with the red being the small mount.

Now correct me if I'm wrong here. The 555 equivalent red would be a 2258, and the 562 would match up to the 2260 with the red being the small mount.

Think that's right on the 555/2258 & it is right on the other. Go with the lighter, smoother, stronger, better handling Swedish saws. You wont be sorry.

Well I called to get a price on the 2258, dealer was out, so should know some time tomorrow.

Here is my concerns with the new red saw, autotune and price.
I like the lazy factor you get with the new saws but dont like the fact that I cant work on the thing really myself. Am I in for a shock on the price or will it be comparable you think?

I really like my ported 2260 from tlandrum. Am I allowed to say that?
I really like my ported 2253 from tlandrum.
Just got a Husky 390 used but in great shape. Just getting familiar with it. I think I will call it Munster!

You are partially correct. The 2260 is the red twin of the 560xp which is a small mount but it isn't sold in the USA. We just have the large mount 562xp

Lol I hope you like them both. That 6400 isn't broken in but it sure mows through green ash like its not even there. I think I may be angry with Bugaboots for getting me talking about a 2260. Its rekindled the purchasing fire and I don't need to be buying any saws right now :D Something about a 2260 with an 18" lw sugi setup from rwatson is awfully, awfully tempting.

Back