Thinking of new 60cc class saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rock: im not even that big into the little saws..... I just have a "problem".:ices_rofl: It's interesting to me, to map the evolution of my CAD. Working hard to control purchases...... telling myself I cant buy unless I sell.... so there will be changes in the coming months.:clap:

I'll tell you what,
I just looked at the echo 590s today and next to a 600 it's not a bad deal. A few downgrades from the more pro model 600, make it a cheaper alternative for a mag case saw in a tidy package.

FWIW ... loving my 562xp!!! Felling, bucking and even limbing. I kicked tires here for months before pulling the trigger, and hounded my dealer into a discount price.

It may be pricier than the others you've mentioned, but if you can get a 562xp at a good price, I would not hesitate!

Cuts like a Sexy Beast! :cool:

Now correct me if I'm wrong here. The 555 equivalent red would be a 2258, and the 562 would match up to the 2260 with the red being the small mount.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

The 2260 isn't the 562xp, it is the lighter 560xp (same engine, small vs. large bar mount, and lower air filter/cover).

I'll tell you what,
I just looked at the echo 590s today and next to a 600 it's not a bad deal. A few downgrades from the more pro model 600, make it a cheaper alternative for a mag case saw in a tidy package.

......then a few more upgrades to get the 620, that is the real 60cc Echo - but still a bit behind regarding power to weight and more....

Bottom line - forget it! ;)

The efco 165 is a very good saw. An older design but none the least as strong as most 60cc saws out there. Similar the echo 590, which by the way has to be the deal of the year at the moment!!!, after a muffler mod and a carb retune it will run with the rest. So you won't loose anything in the power department in real world firewood cutting. Of course if your life depends on the stopwatch to defend it's entitlement of existence the above saws are not for you.

The newer AT saws from Husqvarna are lighter and the AT feature also have it's merrits. But there are also quite a few with problems with their AT saws, although these problems are openly neglegted by the husqvarna loving crowd. The newer the saw the less lickely to have problems because they have gone through quite a few revisions. Some problems where solved some not.

But no doubt if yours runs you will be happy like with any farmer/pro grade saw out there in the 60cc class. It's always up to you if you depend on the approval of the crowd for your purchases or not. Because to be honest differences are quite minimal.

So far I am thinking the 590 just due to pricing. Still waiting to hear back on price for a 2258.
The saw will normally wear a 20" b&c but i also plan to get a 24" for occasional pieces that I dont want to hike in with my 2186.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Back