Thinking of new 60cc class saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious, is your 044 stock or does it have a dual port muffler cover and low restriction air filter? Also, where would you say it stacks up compared to the others. I always had a great deal of respect for my 044, but since I added a dual port muffler cover and a HD-2 filter, it is just elevated to a new level.

Thanks, in advance, for the feedback.

My 044 has two muffler exits. 044's are nice light 70cc saw. I also like the balance. Cutting speed is slower than my 372. Mine is getting rough but still runs like new. I would like to find a clean 10 mm 044 with a wrap handle and large clutch cover. One of my favorite Stihl chainsaws.

Mine is a 10 mm, I've had it since new. No wrap handle, but that allows me to cut stumps closer to the ground.

Mine seems to cut right with my 046 and my brother's 460.

Only complaint, not having c/r on a hot day when the saw is hot can be a pain! The 046 has c/r.

Thanks for the feedback, always good to share experience.

Just thought i would update this thread a little, the 6100 is running good. I have about a hand full of tanks through it and man all i can say is this thing takes forever to run through a fill. I can drop, limb, and block up an entire tree without having to stop and fuel up and still have some in the tank. The more i run it the better it does feel.

The one thing that im not really liking is the plastic clutch cover on this thing. when the saw is really digging in you can hear it chattering whitch gets super annoying. I have had it sent up to me when i was climbing once and having the full wrap on it was so nice to have.

Well ill just throw a few pics up now for ya.
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/g8xj9hqo003gw1s/AAAAzT4oXuQUHstatpq1L7hZa

Just thought i would update this thread a little, the 6100 is running good. I have about a hand full of tanks through it and man all i can say is this thing takes forever to run through a fill. I can drop, limb, and block up an entire tree without having to stop and fuel up and still have some in the tank. The more i run it the better it does feel.

The one thing that im not really liking is the plastic clutch cover on this thing. when the saw is really digging in you can hear it chattering whitch gets super annoying. I have had it sent up to me when i was climbing once and having the full wrap on it was so nice to have.

Well ill just throw a few pics up now for ya.
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/g8xj9hqo003gw1s/AAAAzT4oXuQUHstatpq1L7hZa
Glad you are liking the saw. They are definitely fuel sippers with plenty of power.

i dont think that there is a whole lot of them out running around yet.

I have been toying with the idea of having it ported to get me by for now till husqy comes out with there new 70cc autotune.

Glad it is treating you well. I just updated my thread in the 6100 as well. I feel th same way about the clutch cover. But it's cheap to replace if need be I suppose. I'll be getting a wrap handlebar soon a well. I love the saw. Re very time it's run. My MS 260, 6100 and Pioneer should take care of anything we need to ever do. Thanks for the pics and update

I might be crazy but I almost think a cut off 3/4 works just as well and doesn't get in the way when you take the bar and chain off. Plus it's a little less weight.

As for the clutch cover rattle. Cut a piece of rubber or tygon fuel line down the side and slide it on the clutch cover edge. may not look pretty but will resolve the rattle. I'd rather have plastic that has some "give" in case of impact. Metal/alloy clutch covers just crack and need to be replaced. Just 2cents from the a chainsaw hillbilly.

Back