Thinking of new 60cc class saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The least cash out lay will be a 380 topend on your 330, lets say $150 brand new oem, will any of the other saws cut 3 to 4x faster than a warmed over 330, probably not, but they will cost 3 to 4x more.

Still at it mikey..guess what..you have seen 1 - 362 c-m ported..and now i guess its the lords word in your eyes..were you implying that husqvarna saws are not as durable as stihls ? , i know of many 372s and 346s that take an ass poundin daily in commercial settings that have held up for quite some time , is that coincidence ?

Your bitterness towards my posts is amusing, I think you just can't get over the fact that you sold your 044 and I didn't!

For the 1st Mastermind ported 362 C-M to run right with a ported 562 (he's had years to refine the 562 porting) really says something, regardless of what you think. It also confirms my reports of the 362 C-M being a great running 60 cc saw, despite more knowledgeable people like you jumping all over me for it. Everyone knows that the 562 is an outstanding 60 cc saw, stock or ported, and I have never said or implied otherwise. But I also stated the 362 C-M would hang right with it, and it looks like I was right.

And I did not make any negative comment regarding the performance or durability of a Husky, but I will repeat that the durability of a pro Stihl saw is never in question. They are known for it. Even Mastermind backs that up.

I know you are a very experienced person with a saw, and I like seeing the information that you post, but I'm getting a little tired of you always looking to find something negative with my posts. Open your eyes, the facts have come out on my side.

This reminnds me of what I just posted in another thread - there is a lot of people that have different agendas for wanting the "underdogs" to be "just as good" as the best stuff - but it never really happens. Even if a 362cm did cut as well as a 562xp it would still be quite far from as good a saw, because of the obvious weight, bulk and handling issues - and more so vs a 560xp/2260.

It is what it is, no point in trying to make it look differently!

Its ok mustang i bought another one..i have 2 again..20140529_150056.jpg

Facts..facts are that obnoxious posts from newbs are the reason alot of guys that added real value to this place no longer post..more facts , noone argued that a 362 would turn out well as far as speed of cut was concerned after porting..it was more of how the saw handled and the fact it was a turd stock , my eyes are open mike..very open..fear not mikey..i equally amused with you reports on HD2 filters and dual ports , i also now know the different cutting qualities of semi chisel, full chisel and square

Seems the 562xp & the ms362 are out of this guy's price range. Why even recommend them at this point?
Yes, for now those are on the end that I cant quite reach, not only that but I dont have the need for that much at that price.
Right now I am leaning towards the used 2159 if it checks out well. I will check the plug color, compression with my gauge, and run it in some wood before I buy it.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Seems the 562xp & the ms362 are out of this guy's price range. Why even recommend them at this point?
That is the major problem of all these discussions. We have a bunch of enthusiats, not willing to understand one sentence of the OP needs and feeling personally insulted for having their beloved top pro model in the same thread as "lower class saws".

It is simply a sign of our time, narccisism in perfection.

This reminnds me of what I just posted in another thread - there is a lot of people that have different agendas for wanting the "underdogs" to be "just as good" as the best stuff - but it never really happens. Even if a 362cm did cut as well as a 562xp it would still be quite far from as good a saw, because of the obvious weight, bulk and handling issues - and more so vs a 560xp/2260.

It is what it is, no point in trying to make it look differently!

Troll, the last time someone gave me that bulk nonsense I put my 362 on top of his Husky and he exclaimed "Your 362 is thinner than my Husky". Yes, the 441 has bulk, but we are discussing the 362. The wt is 12.8 vs 13.0, you will not feel the difference. And regarding outboard clutches, I don't like em, if you do then you can buy them.

The fact of the matter is they are both great, comparable saws and some people will prefer one and some the other, neither saw has a clear advantage over the other. When I first stated I thought the 362 C-M would run with a 562 I was scoffed at, and now the same people say "performance is not the issue", BS!!!

So since I skipped 5 pages of reading....

Did the OP find a 60cc saw he liked yet?

Also did anyone bring up the Dolmar 6100 strato saw? they are alot cheaper than the husky and stihl equivalents and are one of the best in it's class.

Yes the 6100 was brought up and I will have a price tonight. But am leaning towards a used 2159.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Seems like there was a Dolmar guy on here who was going to send one my way for about $500 shipped to my door.

Troll, the last time someone gave me that bulk nonsense I put my 362 on top of his Husky and he exclaimed "Your 362 is thinner than my Husky". Yes, the 441 has bulk, but we are discussing the 362. The wt is 12.8 vs 13.0, you will not feel the difference. And regarding outboard clutches, I don't like em, if you do then you can buy them.

The fact of the matter is they are both great, comparable saws and some people will prefer one and some the other, neither saw has a clear advantage over the other. When I first stated I thought the 362 C-M would run with a 562 I was scoffed at, and now the same people say "performance is not the issue", BS!!![/QUO

The fact of the matter is they are both great, comparable saws and some people will prefer one and some the other, neither saw has a clear advantage over the other. When I first stated I thought the 362 C-M would run with a 562 I was scoffed at, and now the same people say "performance is not the issue", BS!!!

you need to slow your mustang down mikey and go back on your reading , many made the reference of how the saw handled as opposed to how it cut..i ran your saw..its a dud out of the box..period..ive ran and owned many 60cc saws..i wouldnt own a 362 unless it was ported, all ported saws done by the right builder are impressive , some more so than others

Several people (not just me) have reported that the 261 and 362 C-M saws do not run strong until after about 5 tanks of break-in. There was even a mention that the computer may not allow full power until after break-in (I do not know if this is the case). However, testing a new saw that is not broken in does not mean anything, yet you keep talking about it like it does. I guess that is what it takes to convince yourself you are correct.

This thread is supposed to be about other things, I'm moving on.

As of yet, still unverified. :)

When mine gets home, I will weigh it.. :)

With a 16" B & C the 555 is 16 lbs and 13 oz. That's fully dressed with fuel and oil topped off. I doubt the 362C is lighter. As much as I would love to say it is? It seems heavier. That may be false? But mine won't be back from Tn for a couple weeks.

20140601_202239.jpg

With a 16" B & C the 555 is 16 lbs and 13 oz. That's fully dressed with fuel and oil topped off. I doubt the 362C is lighter. As much as I would love to say it is? It seems heavier. That may be false? But mine won't be back from Tn for a couple weeks.

View attachment 353464

The 555 is a smidge lighter than the 562xp.

How do you like your 555?

View attachment 353464
FOUL!!!! :laugh: the 362 has some metal missing so its not a fair comparison :laugh:

FOUL!!!! :laugh: the 362 has some metal missing so its not a fair comparison :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::ices_rofl::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You had me crying with that one!! :cry:

"Foul"!!! LOL.. I will never forget that :rolleyes:

The 555 is a smidge lighter than the 562xp.

How do you like your 555?

I like it... A Lot!!!

My 362 is currently out to Randy, and I just got the 555 last Friday. But having a 562xp a couple years ago, I can say that this saw is very close in power. I'm not pushing it or pounding my chest. But I am glad I saved the extra money this go around. For an average hack/firewood cutter? It's perfect. So is my 362C, and so is my 441C, and my 460 Mag, and my 6400 ;) You get the point.. I don't think any are better than the other.

Each saw has its place in a collection :cool:

I love them all equally :rock: Just depends on the job at hand. :chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back