Thinking of new 60cc class saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Several people (not just me) have reported that the 261 and 362 C-M saws do not run strong until after about 5 tanks of break-in. There was even a mention that the computer may not allow full power until after break-in (I do not know if this is the case). However, testing a new saw that is not broken in does not mean anything, yet you keep talking about it like it does. I guess that is what it takes to convince yourself you are correct.

This thread is supposed to be about other things, I'm moving on.

Reported ? Are you an anchorman ?..ive ran plenty of saws that i thought did rather well out of the bag..a 562 was one of them..and it didnt even have the spark arrestor removed

At least my life is not so pathetic that my main purpose is to go bashing other people instead of adding useful information.

Further debate with you is not necessary, I'd rather argue with a rock, at least the rock would not come back with stupid statements.

Well I talked to the guy with th e 2159 and he would not work with me on the price(was asking 350). Im not paying that for the unknown on that saw. So right now I am waiting on pricing on the 6100, was looking at it some more online and saw in the ipl that you can get a wrap handle.(I like that) I am liking and leaning more towards a saw that will run the small mount husq so I can get a 18"/20" bar and run it on my 2149 (good excuse to convert to 3/8) if I want. I like the versatility.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

At least my life is not so pathetic that my main purpose is to go bashing other people instead of adding useful information.

Further debate with you is not necessary, I'd rather argue with a rock, at least the rock would not come back with stupid statements.

Try harder mikey..that was a poor attempt to offend me , atleast tell me your grandma is tougher than mine

I want another saw just because I like them. Haha ill probably end up getting a 562xp this summer, but then again I need a computer for school.

Your bitterness towards my posts is amusing, I think you just can't get over the fact that you sold your 044 and I didn't!

For the 1st Mastermind ported 362 C-M to run right with a ported 562 (he's had years to refine the 562 porting) really says something, regardless of what you think. It also confirms my reports of the 362 C-M being a great running 60 cc saw, despite more knowledgeable people like you jumping all over me for it. Everyone knows that the 562 is an outstanding 60 cc saw, stock or ported, and I have never said or implied otherwise. But I also stated the 362 C-M would hang right with it, and it looks like I was right.

And I did not make any negative comment regarding the performance or durability of a Husky, but I will repeat that the durability of a pro Stihl saw is never in question. They are known for it. Even Mastermind backs that up.

I know you are a very experienced person with a saw, and I like seeing the information that you post, but I'm getting a little tired of you always looking to find something negative with my posts. Open your eyes, the facts have come out on my side.
Several people (not just me) have reported that the 261 and 362 C-M saws do not run strong until after about 5 tanks of break-in. There was even a mention that the computer may not allow full power until after break-in (I do not know if this is the case). However, testing a new saw that is not broken in does not mean anything, yet you keep talking about it like it does. I guess that is what it takes to convince yourself you are correct.

This thread is supposed to be about other things, I'm moving on.

Mike, why are you so desperate to be right? It's not so much what you have to say, but rather the way you come across. You seem desperate to prove that you have the best.

You often refuse to listen to logical reasoning coming from others with much more experience than yourself. You continue to reach for your own ideas, seemingly desperate to prove your point. Just like it seems like you must have the best, you also seem to have to be right. You sound like a desperate car salesman.

These are just chainsaws, Mike. Both saws in question are very good. Who cares if another is a little better...or not. Let it go, and you'll gain a lot more respect.

Ok, finally got a price on a 6100. Now I have to pick between it and the echo. Echo has better price and dolmar has my prefered mount and .5hp more stock. I am going to handle a 6100 this afternoon and see what I think.

Anyone who has run both I would love to hear your thoughts on these 2 saws.

Oh and I know that a muff mod will wake up the echo a bit. That is what is making this so tuff.

Ok, finally got a price on a 6100. Now I have to pick between it and the echo. Echo has better price and dolmar has my prefered mount and .5hp more stock. I am going to handle a 6100 this afternoon and see what I think.

Anyone who has run both I would love to hear your thoughts on these 2 saws.

Another heavy 60cc saw, but of course a better alternative than the Echo.

Buga, my 6100 only has a few tankfuls through it. Even first time out, adjusted a bit rich (that tach stuff!), it screamed and spit serious chips. No problem hitting knots with the bar buried- very flat torque curve- simply wouldn't stumble. Keeps getting better.

I'll be curious if you go with the Echo. No snobbery here. I've not run one. If you go with it, it must be one heck of a saw.

Latest posts

Back