tn fall gtg 460 build off date oct 1st

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I-75 Stihl alert!!!

I wish I could make it down, but after my move I have no saws with me and think I would not be well received at home if I did this and the Poulan Lovers GTG next weekend.

Just saw on the Lexington CL that a fellow down in Corbin has 7 Stihl saws for sale. No mention of what they are or the prices, but he listed 606-523-9754 as the number to call. Corbin is about halfway between Richmond and Knoxville on I-75 so it would not be much of a detour.

3ka3o83l25T65Z45S6b9fe7073d5c798e1beb.jpg

Thanks for the offer Galde, but not sure that is the right pattern. I have been running a d096 bar with 70dl. My understanding is that I need to swap out the bar studs to run the d024 mount or file out a d009. Also, the saw runs a .050, and since I am somewhat new to the working on/modifying crowd, don't think the sprocket would work since I only run .050. Feel free to chime in if I am wrong.

Shea

Thanks for the offer Galde, but not sure that is the right pattern. I have been running a d096 bar with 70dl. My understanding is that I need to swap out the bar studs to run the d024 mount or file out a d009. Also, the saw runs a .050, and since I am somewhat new to the working on/modifying crowd, don't think the sprocket would work since I only run .050. Feel free to chime in if I am wrong.

Shea
Drive sprockets and bar nose sprockets in bars with replaceable noses are gauge neutral -- they take .050, .058, or .063 gauge -- the pitch, however most match all the way through. The gauge is determined by the width of the groove between the bar rails. What is the diameter of your bar studs? I have hundreds of bars in multitudes of all the things that have to be right. I will look for what I have in D096. I will bring the D024 to try on for size. I like any and all opportunities to add to my meager knowledge base.

Wasn't sure about the gauge being specific or not. Will clean up and bring the saw with me. When I get home I will mic the studs to see where we are at. Thanks for the help.

Shea

PS--May sound odd, but got the bar size/type from the Oregon site.....then had Madsens order it for me.

Could someone bring a stihl .050 3/8 master link. I can't find mine for the life of me. I have a new 34" chain that I want to make into a 28" chain. Oh and Terry my dad is comming along with me also.

Man, I really wish I could go!!! I took off tommorrow to come and was trying to think of an excuse to get out of town, then my son's cub scout pack decided on a camp out for tonight so I am being the good dad and going scout camping. We are camping at a forest, maybe I can take my saws there for a little firewood gathering MEGA scout style bon fire:msp_thumbsup:

Y'all be safe and have a good time,

Pete

Could someone bring a stihl .050 3/8 master link. I can't find mine for the life of me. I have a new 34" chain that I want to make into a 28" chain. Oh and Terry my dad is comming along with me also.

Bummer. I live 36 miles north of work here and am head straight south after work.

I'm stoked! My Dads coming with me:clap:

Last edited:
I reckon we're ready. I'll put everything in the truck tonight then hit the road in the AM. I'm really excited too. :rock:

I'm bringing a big pot of chilli, I'll go easy on the peppers so everyone can enjoy. :laugh:

We're also hauling a few older saws with us that never get to run. Maybe they'll go when we try em out. :)

Boston Butt is on the smoker getting right. I will have pulled pork and buns for all of you nice folks.

Been cleaning and looking at my stock saws. I now have a couple of questions. Didn't notice it last weekend at the farm but I may have an air leak just not sure. Hope someone can give me some advice.

Safe travels to everyone!

I measured the studs at 8.96mm (9mm) at the shank. The oregon pn-200GDDD096 3/8 by 70. Thanks for the help Galde.

What time does it all kick off? I've got a few 2 liters, chips, etc. Anything else we need to bring other than a jacket. Looks like a high around 60, AWESOME!! Tired of the heat.

Shea

PS-I know to bring a few $ for my raffle saw:msp_w00t:

Back