To buy or not to buy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd buy a new Stihl MS261Cm with a 20" bar instead . They are under $600 new local . It is several pounds lighter with only 4/10ths less HP . Mine cuts as good as my sons 372XP and is way lighter . I'd be kind of leery of buying a rental anything knowing that any idiot with a credit card can rent one .

Eddie

I'd buy a new Stihl MS261Cm with a 20" bar instead . They are under $600 new local . It is several pounds lighter with only 4/10ths less HP . Mine cuts as good as my sons 372XP and is way lighter . I'd be kind of leery of buying a rental anything knowing that any idiot with a credit card can rent one .

Eddie

Something is wrong with that 372.

Eddie
Hi Eddie. It may be false thinking but I like to think that being in Alaska increases the odds of renters having a better idea of how a chainsaw works and how to use and maintain it as opposed to someone from a great many other places out there.

Your pics are sort of useless. How does the bar, the front and the bottom look? From the recoil plastic, it looks hardly used.

If that was sitting on the shelf here, I'd pull out a scrench and pull the muffler to inspect the piston and cylinder. What are they going to do? Tell you to stop?

Point of reference, they list them for around 289 here in central California. They don't seem hang around long. My 6421 had a roached bar and a new Chinese chain on it. Runs great.

Back