Today was a 261 day…..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMEGANOX

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
(261DAYS) are days when you asses the job before you begin and say to yourself, “that’s going to require something bigger than the 261”.

And then you get started and the day just kind of motors on, and you end up just using the 261 for all of it, even the bigger stuff, and the 500 never makes it out of the truck. Now granted I’m old, and maybe smaller and lighter are more important to me now than years gone, but with an 18” there ain’t much these little Betty’s can’t eat.

(261DAYS) are days when you asses the job before you begin and say to yourself, “that’s going to require something bigger than the 261”.

And then you get started and the day just kind of motors on, and you end up just using the 261 for all of it, even the bigger stuff, and the 500 never makes it out of the truck. Now granted I’m old, and maybe smaller and lighter are more important to me now than years gone, but with an 18” there ain’t much these little Betty’s can’t eat.

Even as a younger man, i still don't like swinging a bigger saw than necessary. I've cleared 3' tan oaks with a 543xp and a 16" bar. It just takes a little extra time on the trunk.

The only time I will really use a bigger saw than needed is when I need the reach of a longer bar to safely make a cut AND hit my escape route. Sometimes even 2-6" extra bar length is the same as one step further away from danger and quicker access to escape.

Back