Tractor supply going back to husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been hearing rumors that TSC is going back to Husqvarna. Jonsered is switching to a consumer brand similar to Poulan and Weedeater. But I'm not sure what box stores may sell it.

Most of the Jonsered chainsaws will be switching to the RedMax brand. But that is just a part of Husqvarna's plan for RedMax.

You will not see RedMax label equipment in a box store.

Will you be selling the RedMax line of saws?

RedMax absolutely has no link with Robin and Echo. We've been a Redmax dealer for a quarter of a century.
Not saying they are a cross breed, the style of engine covers just looks like my Robin, which I really liked my Robin, real light and had the power. A buddy of mine has always ran Redmax, he loves them.

Steve

Too bad they will still mostly be rebadged husqies.

So basically corporate decided that the RedMax name sells better in America, so they put RedMax stickers on all the good Jonsered saws.

So basically corporate decided that the RedMax name sells better in America, so they put RedMax stickers on all the good Jonsered saws.
The decision to grow the RedMax brand and change the Jonsered brand really had nothing to do with chainsaws.

Chainsaws are not the focus of the changes that husqvarna made. It was to grow the landscaper market with mowers and handhelds.

RedMax has a bigger market share than Husqvarna in the landscaper category. And it's just a way for them to sell more mowers.

So instead of killing off the Jonsered brand they are giving them some cheapie products.

The decision to grow the RedMax brand and change the Jonsered brand really had nothing to do with chainsaws.

Chainsaws are not the focus of the changes that husqvarna made. It was to grow the landscaper market with mowers and handhelds.

RedMax has a bigger market share than Husqvarna in the landscaper category. And it's just a way for them to sell more mowers.

So instead of killing off the Jonsered brand they are giving them some cheapie products.

I get it. No one buys the Jonsered mowers and weed wackers. But this is just insulting. Reducing a great saw brand to home Depot crap. Just like what happened to Homelite. Personally, I would rather they just can the whole company. In dream world, they would reduce Jonsered to just chainsaws. And and use RedMax for line trimmers, blowers, mowers ect... But I guess that doesn't make financial sense...

They are reducing jred to the mcculloch level then.

Three chainsaw models are true Redmax/Zenoah units. GZ3500T, GZ360, and the GZ4350.

Double A told me they just got a few more skids of CS2166's.

The 2166 is still a current model here. RRP is exactly one grand (€1000) but I think the nearest J'red dealer can let it go for considerably less, most likely €700-800.

Redmax is unheard of here. Outside of this website I have never heard or seen one. Are they any good?

Redmax was the brand used by Zenoah on the US market. Husqvarna bought it together with the rest of the group from Komatsu in 2008 when the Japanese wanted to get out of the small engine business.
I am not surprised you never heard of it: their dealership network was like an albino Dalmatian. Lots of missing spots. Amazing stuff however.

They are reducing jred to the mcculloch level then.

They still have a very long way to fall to get to McCrapoch level, trust me. Perhaps US-market stuff is a bit better but what we get here is the cheapest and nastiest Chicom junk, sometimes partially assembled in Europe (I've heard Husqvarna is shifting assembly from Italy to Romania) to justify ridiculously high prices. Husqvarna and J'red dealerships won't even touch the stuff, and for good reason.
To stay on topic they completely eliminated Honda engines from snowblowers/lawnmowers/etc and are now phasing out Briggs & Stratton as well, replaced by their "superior" no-name vertical shaft engines, working on which I only wish upon my many enemies. All those dissing Honda GCV's should be forced at gunpoint to spend half an hour with one of these things.

The 2166 is still a current model here. RRP is exactly one grand (€1000) but I think the nearest J'red dealer can let it go for considerably less, most likely €700-800.

Redmax was the brand used by Zenoah on the US market. Husqvarna bought it together with the rest of the group from Komatsu in 2008 when the Japanese wanted to get out of the small engine business.
I am not surprised you never heard of it: their dealership network was like an albino Dalmatian. Lots of missing spots. Amazing stuff however.

They still have a very long way to fall to get to McCrapoch level, trust me. Perhaps US-market stuff is a bit better but what we get here is the cheapest and nastiest Chicom junk, sometimes partially assembled in Europe (I've heard Husqvarna is shifting assembly from Italy to Romania) to justify ridiculously high prices. Husqvarna and J'red dealerships won't even touch the stuff, and for good reason.
To stay on topic they completely eliminated Honda engines from snowblowers/lawnmowers/etc and are now phasing out Briggs & Stratton as well, replaced by their "superior" no-name vertical shaft engines, working on which I only wish upon my many enemies. All those dissing Honda GCV's should be forced at gunpoint to spend half an hour with one of these things.

We get those rebadged hooskies here its just they slap a craftsman label on them and sell for 400 at sears.

My local TSC has 2 small Jreds. A bunch of Pull Ons. Nothing orange. All the chains, bars and accessories were County Line.

Latest posts

Back