Tractor supply going back to husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to a TSC today, they had all Husqvarna "stuff" there, they said they never marked anything "Jonny" down, they boxed it all up and sent it back...

They did have bar oil for 2 for $10., but I didn't/don't need any...

SR

I have a 2260 and I absolutely just plain love it!

standard.jpg

SR

I had responded earlier in this thread that the TS in my area was still selling Jonsereds..........well that lasted about a day or so. I was there last weekend, and they are all gone, replaced with the same Husky's that the box stores sell. Was hoping they might have offered some for sale, but not!

I had responded earlier in this thread that the TS in my area was still selling Jonsereds..........well that lasted about a day or so. I was there last weekend, and they are all gone, replaced with the same Husky's that the box stores sell. Was hoping they might have offered some for sale, but not!

Try asking the store manager the name of the outfit they shipped the saws to.
It's a long shot, but sometimes these "unwanted" stocks get bought by third parties which sell to rural hardware stores, exporters and the like and which may prove amenable to sell you a few pieces for a small profit.

This is of course unless Huskie simply bought them back, in which case those poor saws are either languishing in some warehouse, never to see the light of day again, or have already been scheduled to be crushed.

Looks like Menards will be the main retail outlet for Jonsered.

Yes, I was just there at a Menards yesterday and they had some Jonsered's there. Biggest looked to be 50cc for $400. Right next to it was the new version of the Poulan Pro 5020 for $198.

I really didn't stop and look and just glanced quickly as I walked by but it seems the smaller Jonsereds were Poulan built saws. I dont think this is going to work out very well for sales of Jonsereds branded chainsaws.

For the most part, the types that visit Menards for a chainsaw are not going to spend $200 more for the same size saw just because it says Jonsereds on it which was just a Red Husky homeowner model anyway and for the most part I don't think they should.

Maybe its time for Husqvarna to pull the plug on Jonsreds all together. It can't be cost effective building the same saw in different plastics and colors then the Husqvarna's and Poulans they already make.

I seen other threads with folks whining about this and losing the Jonsereds name. Jonsereds as a company has been dead since the 80's, maybe its time to move on.

TSC Watsonville CA. Nothing excitingView attachment 628236

The 2 for $12 bar oil is a good deal, the $28 for a 20" chain, not so much. TSC is a store I don't go to hardly ever, anymore. They quit being a farm store years ago and have got so freaking high priced on everything there is no need to go there. For the most part, everything they carry I can get elsewhere, cheaper.

The 2 for $12 bar oil is a good deal, the $28 for a 20" chain, not so much. TSC is a store I don't go to hardly ever, anymore. They quit being a farm store years ago and have got so freaking high priced on everything there is no need to go there. For the most part, everything they carry I can get elsewhere, cheaper.
2 words, Rural King.

Maybe its time for Husqvarna to pull the plug on Jonsreds all together. It can't be cost effective building the same saw in different plastics and colors then the Husqvarna's and Poulans they already make.

Yes, but they are still going to make red plastics for Red-Max so no savings there.

Back