Trufuel vs. Stihl Motomix vs. VP small engine fuel. Whats the difference?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl Inc. recommends that you dump the fuel in your power equipment, then start it back up and let it idle until it dies.

I've been doing just that for years and have never had any issue(s) of any kind.
X 2 . . . Then try to restart it a few pulls, then choke it a few more. And for long time storage a few drops of oil downy plugole.

The last conversation I had with some one I would consider in the know. it was reported to be 710. But I have no idea if they tender out for contracts, or stick with the same supplier. If they are still with Motul I would think it is 710 as this is their top of the range oil( 800 is reputedly same base but with extra additives for keeping power valves free & clean etc.)

I wish they used 800 but 710 will do.

I have used both Trufuel and VP. Tru fuel evaporates quickly, even some of the cans I bought were only 3/4 full and some only half. The guy at the saw shop told me a lot of customers ave mentioned that to him and recommended VP. VP seems to to run much smoother and doesn’t evaporate like Tru does. Put some in my Husky 326L this morning and for an old weed wacker that motor was screamin without missin a beat. I think Home Depot and Loew’s has the cans for 5 bucks. Fuel here in California was eatin my fuel lines, every 6 months had to change them. Just bought a new Echo CS 400 and after a little adjustment here and there it seems like a great little saw for around the property here. I also have a Husky 385XP, which I can barely lift anymore, and a Husky 50 that’s pushin 20 years. I’m 75 years old and I think this Echo might be the last saw I ever buy, if it holds up.

Back