Twice in the last week,,, I swear

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
"them" being perfectly healthy 30s ish couples who have moved into the nieghborhood seemingly of great means.

Them: "Hi I hear you like to cut and split wood" ( I know where this is going)

Me: "Yes my family's seed's unfortunatly have over time dropped too close to the mother tree and it affected me."

Them: uh,, what does that mean?
Me: Uh,, never mind

Anyway, We want to start burning wood to save on heating

uh, OK

We have no place to cut

uh, OK,, do you have a saw?

No

Uh,,, Do you have a truck?

No

Uh,,,Do you have time to help?

Welll uh ,, a little maybe,, It's like we heard you like to cut wood and own a farm and a truck and,,,,,

Thats what I ment by my seeds dropping too close to the tree

What does that mean?

Never mind

Well, Will you cut us some wood?

No, but If you need some free wood that you dont have to work for I will buy you some,, where do you want it delivered too?

Why on earth would you do that?

I am 54 my back hurts every day, my saws splitters and trucks cost money to own and more to operate just as yours would IF you owned any. There are some fools down the road that will deliver for $100 a cord, I figure it would cost me less to buy it than to do you a favor but like I said my seed fell too close to the mother tree.

The curses of having a large wood pile close to the road where people can see it I guess??:confused::confused::confused:

Butch(OH);2487073 The curses of having a large wood pile close to the road where people can see it I guess??:confused::confused::confused:[/QUOTE said:
This is why I spent a couple weeks this spring digging post holes in my limestone infested yard. 100 ft+ of privacy fencing later the wood is much less noticable from the street. ;)

them

I hear you like to work on saws. I have a 272 nearly done in my basement in delaware, and I am too busy cutting firewood. If you wanna fix it, then you can loan it to "them".

Still cheaper than buying "them" a cord of wood and I didn't see any replies to your post.

Be well

Mike

Yes work is a little slow here today...

Got a good laugh out of that. Thanks! :D

I'm 3/4 mile off the road, right in the middle of 400 acres. And love it...

Because you obviously only buck, saw, split, haul, and stack wood for the sheer joy of it.

Ya blew that one,

I would have said "No I like to cut, split and SELL wood, how much you want???? Then you could buy it for that $100 bucks a cord and sell it for $150 delivered, no packin no stackin...

This doesnt suprise me THAT greatly. My woodpile here at home is visable from the street and Ive had one of the locals stop me while I was cutting the lawn to ask about getting some wood for a bonfire. I told them they could take whatever they wanted from the piles of stuff I had in the back yard, even showed them where to pick from. They then asked why they couldnt just take some of what I had stacked there by the garage? When I told them that I heat with wood, the wife had the nerve to say something like "Im glad were not close enough to have to smell that all of the time." Needless to say they didnt get any bonfire wood from me........I would have let them have a bunch of pine I had piled up if they hadnt pissed me off.:chainsawguy:

You cant fix stupid.......

Dave

This doesnt suprise me THAT greatly. My woodpile here at home is visable from the street and Ive had one of the locals stop me while I was cutting the lawn to ask about getting some wood for a bonfire. I told them they could take whatever they wanted from the piles of stuff I had in the back yard, even showed them where to pick from. They then asked why they couldnt just take some of what I had stacked there by the garage? When I told them that I heat with wood, the wife had the nerve to say something like "Im glad were not close enough to have to smell that all of the time." Needless to say they didnt get any bonfire wood from me........I would have let them have a bunch of pine I had piled up if they hadnt pissed me off.:chainsawguy:

You cant fix stupid.......

Dave

The topper and it is a true story.

I had a lazy ass neighbor back when. They had a big 'do' up at Laird Park in th Idaho Panhandle. this is in the middle of pine/spruce/fir forest. 70 miles one way. He showed up here the next morning and bummed a trunk full of wood for his campfire!!! Couldn't be bothered to walk around picking up dead fall I guess.

Harry K

People try to hit me up for free camp fire wood all the time. I tell them that I buy all my wood from MNGuns and give them his telephone number.

Latest posts

Back