Underwear

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got my long johns on and a pair of flannel lined jeans too. I leave the house every morning at 5:00 AM and go to Mc Donalds for coffee. At about 6:15 another fellow and I walk 3-miles whether it is cold , raining , snowing or fair weather. Yes we walk outside.

I've use to tell another guy at McDonalds when he would rib me about how much clothes I wore in the winter - "Jack I don't know for sure how I am gonna die but I'm pretty sure I ain't gonna freeze to death".

Nosmo

Sittin in City hall Saloon in Cumberland. Washington dont worry its not on the map and a local had a buddy from California braggen about how great cali was. This is the neighbor hood of the Predator V-8 chainsaw and people make moon shine out here, Everybody agrees they cant wait for Cali to fall off the continent, he calls us a bunch of hicks, I respond " you say it like its a bad thing" so I guess Im a hick.

Hah, that place used to be called "The Eager Beaver". I was sad when they changed it to the city hall saloon. Cumberland must be on the map, it's on the way to the dam. They make moonshine out here?

be thankful no one posted theirs are pink (yet)

Actually, mine are blue. Plus red flannel lined jeans, +water proof camo bibs when blowing snow off the driveway, Carheart jacket and a red Elmer Fudd type hat keep me warm. No fashion statement being made here. :)

...and sorry, no pics. :)

Shari

Actually, mine are blue. Plus red flannel lined jeans, +water proof camo bibs when blowing snow off the driveway, Carheart jacket and a red Elmer Fudd type hat keep me warm. No fashion statement being made here. :)

...and sorry, no pics. :)

Shari

you should post a pic of you in that outfit! been a while since I've seen an Elmer Fudd hat.

Anybody wear Underarmor?

Used to wear UnderArmor but found something way better. I now use Helly Hanson base layer garments.

https://www.hellyhansengear.com/default.aspx

The crews on the Deadliest Catch show wear it I hear. Initially bought it to wear on my boat while fishing in November, and duck hunting, but now I use it while cutting wood and any other outdoor activity throughout the winter.

Hey all the kids these days make it known what kind of underpants they wear. Do you think they should just wear them on the outside of the pants? And why do people wear undies that are colorful or have pictures on them if they don't wear them on the outside of their pants? Why wear pants at all? Just wear undies and in the winter wear long johns. I wear undies under my long johns to prevent skid marks on my Johns! That way you save on toilet paper!!

Never wear long handles....(as we call long johns around here). If the temp is above 80...I don't go outside unless I am on the boat...too danged hot. 80 degrees down to 32 degrees...I wear a t-shirt. 32 degrees to zero degrees...I wear a long sleeved shirt over the t-shirt. zero degrees down to -20..I wear t-shirt, long sleeved shirt and a sweat shirt that gets removed once I get busy doing something. -20 degrees to whatever....I'll wear a fleece lined jacket over the aforementioned articles of clothing. I LOVE COLD WEATHER!!!!:blob2:

Wear them outside all the time! Being raised in what was the poorest county in Missouri for year we where refered to as "Brush Apes" by people in the neighboring county.

Long johns under blue jeans for me. If it gets any colder when working outside, I pull the Carhartt overalls over the jeans, but most often that makes me too hot.

And I also wear the red union suit when hunting.

here ya go.

http://redflannelfestival.org/wp/

About 10 miles from my house. You can usually find a pair or two to buy there. A great story and real fun festival.

Red flannel factory wool long skivvies, were my secret weapon during cold weather training. Put the mil.-spec poly pro on top of the wool long johns and the wool keeps ya warm even when soaked with sweat, and the poly pro has started to frost over and no longer works worth a damn.;)

Old school worked for centuries for a reason.
Just smile when ya say "Farmbilly" 'round here.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Latest posts

Back