Unexpected Score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to go in yesterday afternoon. It was getting really bad and the over the counter stuff wasn't slowing it down. I'm now on a Prednisone pack. I don't usually go to the Dr. for stuff like this but I couldn't stand it anymore.

Good on you, jcappe. I'm the type of guy who even hates to take an aspirin, but sometimes taking advantage of modern medicine really is the best thing to do. Hope you heal up quickly! :cheers:

I got part of the wood from last weekend split up and piled. Little did I know I had two unexpected scores that day. I scored some potent Poison Ivy as well :bang: Didn't see the stuff anywhere as I am usually pretty careful because I get it easily and when I get it there is no messing around it is full blown. I currently have it on both arms, my stomach, my face, my eyelid and the back of my neck. Any tips on how to get rid of it?:censored:

Rub a skunk onto the wound.

200px-Striped_skunk.jpg

It won't help much but you won't mind much about it anymore!

:laugh:

If you believe you've gotten into some, hot water and simple soap if well scrubbed will get it off in time. It usually takes an hour or more to bond to the skin. Once the oil produces the rash, it has bonded to the skin and cannot spread further.

As mentioned, however, a good heavy laundry cycle in hot water with strong detergent is in order for all the clothing you wore that day. The oils can get on anything, and stay there until worn off or cleaned off . . . . the frame of your saw, the bed of your trailer, the hair on your dog, etc.

Last time I got it was a patch on the inside of a forearm, and I spent a horrible sleepless night in bed as, aside from the forearm rash, my whole body broke out in hives in some sort of systemic allergic reaction and I burned and itched all night long.

It's just plain nasty stuff. :mad:

A topical anesthetic called Rhule Gel is the only thing I've ever found that kills the itch enough to keep from rubbing those darn rashes. It's a clear gel in a clear tube.

I'm definitely going to get a bar of Fels-Naptha to keep at home and at the lake cabin. Not much P.I. up here in the boreal forest, but the lake property has a ton around it.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the tips guys! It is in the tolerable stage now and just a pain in the rear. I have a 4 yr old son and a 6 mo old daughter so I am really careful around them. I'm going to pick up some of the Fels stuff as well. One thing my dr. gave me a prescipt for was some type of stuff you drink over so many days in mid winter and is supposedly lessens your chances of getting it the next year. Sounds kind of like the allegy shots I use to get. We'll see.

StihlinEly,
Beautiful country up there only been there once for a fly in trip to Canada but a great town.

I got part of the wood from last weekend split up and piled. Little did I know I had two unexpected scores that day. I scored some potent Poison Ivy as well :bang: Didn't see the stuff anywhere as I am usually pretty careful because I get it easily and when I get it there is no messing around it is full blown. I currently have it on both arms, my stomach, my face, my eyelid and the back of my neck. Any tips on how to get rid of it?:censored:

11131041a.jpg

First..clean up with clorox, then take shower with felsnapta soap. Sometimes I do not miss east coast..lol.

Although I appreciate the tip I think I'll stick with the other guy's over yours. :)

That's ok!

...One thing my dr. gave me a prescipt for was some type of stuff you drink over so many days in mid winter and is supposedly lessens your chances of getting it the next year. Sounds kind of like the allegy shots I use to get...
If you were close you would just have to come by and I would prescribe you the correct medication, since that is my real job. I am just a little bit obnoxious being in the 48h shift. Would you be so kind as to tell me the brand or substance name of the product your dr. prescribed.
Hope you get well soon.

Latest posts

Back