USPS and Miller Mod Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MillerModSaws

USE2COULDBESPONSER!
Reaction score
Mr @Mike Gibson you'll want in on this conversation. I'm switching all my business shipping over to fed ex as usps has finally did me in. If there's any problems with this please post it up here. I'll explain here in just a sec.
Thank you!

Ok I've had some problems with usps. Then they raised there prices way up. And this last one out me over the edge. I sent @Mike Gibson A Brand New 7910 On Feb 17. It still has not made it. With the tracking number in hand they started off by telling me it was my fault as I didn't send the saw priority. Priority mail is more in port ant so yours dosnt matter is how I walked away from the conversation. That was last week. Here it is tue and they still won't give me a definite where my package is or when it will be there. So I appoligize to my customer. And im working hard to get this saw back to me or you. But it dosnt take 2 weeks to ship a saw from missouri to Georgia.

***** done. Solution in progress!

I learned long ago to use Priority Mail. Regular mail (especially packages) gets pushed aside to make room for Priority packages. These non Priority packages can sit for days in one place before gettin moved to sit in another place.
Don't blame ya though, hope FedEx works better!

Well on a saw
I learned long ago to use Priority Mail. Regular mail (especially packages) gets pushed aside to make room for Priority packages. These non Priority packages can sit for days in one place before gettin moved to sit in another place.
Don't blame ya though, hope FedEx works better!
Still 2 weeks. Wtf! And there prices went up at least $10 a saw to ship if not more.
Grumble!

Not to add any gas to your fire OP...that highly sux. I could 10-speed a damn saw from Mo to Ga in a handful of days and these clowns are at the two weeks or better timeframe now. I've got a MS261 CM being delivered to my residence today, from Pa, and it only took 4 days parcel post. I told the shipper to save a little pocket money, not to 2-day ship it, just didn't have to have it in two sunups. And I tracked it every step of the way with phone USPS app. Damn crazy it's taken this long with your shipping, no excuse on the planet, and yeh...I'd find another shipper as well.

the only time I will ship a saw thru usps is when it is international. I always use priority when I do ship with them. sometimes I end up having to eat a portion of the shipping because the rated calculator that's used to figure the initial cost is off. I don't call up my customer and say ,uh well it is higher than I told you it would be.

Recently I purchased 2 bars from a member in Utah. It took 3 weeks to get them. I had a tracking # for them and noticed that they were in Memphis, which is about 90 miles from me, for a full week. They definitely don't get in a hurry.

I have been using FedEx exclusively on any large package for years without a problem. Best rates and fastest transit ALWAYS! I have had one claim and they had a check in my hands in 5 days.

I do use usps priority flat-rate for smalls.

Hope they find your saw and everything shakes out OK.

the only time I will ship a saw thru usps is when it is international. I always use priority when I do ship with them. sometimes I end up having to eat a portion of the shipping because the rated calculator that's used to figure the initial cost is off. I don't call up my customer and say ,uh well it is higher than I told you it would be.
Can you please answer your messages, been trying to get ahold of you. I emailed from your site and wrote on Facebook.

Priority doesn't really net you anything if they end up "loosing" your package. I ditched USPS years ago when I was running an at home business.

FedEx is definitely the way to go, even over UPS.

Well, I am the customer of said saw, and first let me say that MMS has been phenomenal to deal with. USPS on the other hand can shove it where the sun doesn't shine. The saw is in Atlanta at the sorting facility so I should have it in a day or two.
Well I do appoligize and I am setting up an account with fedex so st least if it's late shipping is refunded and from what they've told me it will save my customers some money. Thank you for your patience.

Back in I had a bar take 9 days priority from IL to OH.
I was sure I was going to refund him and start my search. It sat 30 miles from my house for 7 days.
We were starting to be sure it was lost and the it shows up. USPS sucks but my UPS sucks too it transfers to USPS and take a day or two extra because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have shipped a lot of stuff with usps priority and never had a delivery failure, but in the last year they closed a bunch of distribution centers and since then I've had packages that were supposed to deliver in 1-3 days take 13 days

Back