USPS and Miller Mod Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
USPS is hit or miss here. Have had a package sent from Maine take 2 days and other times 2 months, same type of package (my Mom sends me and the dog bakes goods a few times a year since I'm the only one that decided to leave Maine... yeah yeah... I keep telling them that the world doesn't drop off after the state line haha.)

Recently I purchased 2 bars from a member in Utah. It took 3 weeks to get them. I had a tracking # for them and noticed that they were in Memphis, which is about 90 miles from me, for a full week. They definitely don't get in a hurry.

Three weeks!? That's freakin' lame......ya' gotta watch out for those Dirty Hippie's from Utah.

It costs me $60. CDN to ship a saw from NS Canada to Idahoe and takes roughly 7 - 10 days, cost is the same to send one to Ohio. That includes $300. insurance and I can add more insurance at a cost of $2.25 for each additional $100. of coverage. That is still a good deal as far as I am concerned.

It costs me $60. CDN to ship a saw from NS Canada to Idahoe and takes roughly 7 - 10 days, cost is the same to send one to Ohio. That includes $300. insurance and I can add more insurance at a cost of $2.25 for each additional $100. of coverage. That is still a good deal as far as I am concerned.
It cost a lot more foe us to ship to canada. I think the cheapest I've got bye with so far is $75.

I never send saws USPS (unless going out of the states) and will only use Priority if sending parts. Never worth going cheap.
UPS or Fedex only.

I shipped a 7900 tank to NY. Priority mail USPS. Was in NY in 2 days. Guy that bought the tank sent me a PM 3 weeks later and ask where the tank was. :eek:
Checked tracking and said in NY but was un-deliverable :crazy:. Going online with USPS is worthless.
Contacted my local and they started checking. Buyer in NY contacted his local ( took 2 days talking) and they found the box at the P.O. setting on the shelf.
Reason it wasnt delivered first try 3 weeks earlier. Place of business closed at 5pm and scan showed they try to drop off around 7pm. Didnt leave a slip or it got lost I guess. So they never tried to redeliver.

I shipped a saw to MI UPS. Was there next day.
Shipped a bar to same address in MI and took 3 days Priority USPS.

Usps has lost my business as well. I have had stuff come really fast and take forever on others. I've had them take really strange routs, sit for days at places too. I refuse to use them to ship. I have had sellers use them to ship me saws and parts with wildly different results. A irreplaceable family treasure got lost from Florida a few months ago it was priority with 1000$ insurance and have gotten nothing but the run around.

It's not just saws that USPS screws up guys. I had delivered to my street mail box, Hayward WI, an Ameritech bill payment that was mailed in Hugo Minnesota destined for Houston TX.
Raised He** with postmaster and was told "it happens" and he just threw it back in the mail. What a sloppily run business from the top down.

Please if you ever ship to my house do not I repete do not ship by Fed X. Their local driver, if you want to call him that has backed into my mail box and broken the post off, did it again and bent the post.

Backed into the honey house prompting me to set a huge stone in front of it. Never have that problem with UPS or the USPS drivers, nor when they were still around DHL.

:D Al

As a customer whenever I can remember I request that packages only be sent via usps. I've had too many FedEx packages take two to three weeks to be delivered then to only end up at the post office and take two days longer still. I have watched tracking onthem and it always irritates me that about two day's before the package is delivered it is taken less than 90 miles from my house in independence ky, then is shipped over 3 hours away to Indianapolis to a "smarthub" only to be sent back to Kentucky. Not very smart in my opinion. Not to mention they refuse to deliver if there is even a dusting of snow on the ground. At least my usps driver will deliver as long as I clear my mailbox first. With my experiences I would much rather use ups before FedEx, and definitely USPS over either one of those. But when you ship packages you are taking a gamble as soon as you let it out of your hands, no matter who the shipper is.

I had my local UPS driver park at the end of my 700' lane. In amazement seen her get out and start walking up my snow covered lane with my new snowplow motor. This was years back and my hat was off to her.

Now USPS :confused: I had a package shipped to me from 1 hr away. Tracking showed it went past me to Columbus 1.5hrs south of me. Then to Pa the state east of me. Then to Cleveland 1.5hrs north of me. Then to my town. Took 4-5 days :dizzy:

I shipped a saw Fedex per new owners request to Calif and it got there in 5 days ground.

I just shipped a 7900 crank USPS to MI Fri, so lets see if it gets there Monday like it says. :rolleyes: I dont put much stock on what they say anymore.

Sorry to hear so many complaints, 99% of the time I get excellent service from usps,ups,FedEx and a any other delivery service used.

I've always found USPS to be the most expensive option. Their tracking is not real time and virtually useless. I used UPS in the past. For the last several years I have used FedEx exclusively. They are significantly less expensive, tracking is accurate and real time, they pickup at my home, deliveries can be customized, etc. The only time I use another carrier is for small boxes and international shipping. I use USPS Priority for both of those. USPS Priority International is considered the best choice when shipping internationally.

They all have people who have complaints really. I ship bees wax, proplis and honey flat rate USPS and the only time I had a problem was when the customer went on vacation and the son received the package and never told his dad where it was for 12 days.
Friend of mine sent 9 pounds of honey USP and they broke the package open some how and broke one of the containers, never did tell him till he started a law suit over the loss of a steady honey buying customer.
I have my heavy dislike of Fed X after backing into the honey house the wood mail box post and breaking it and the steel mail box post and bending it.

:D Al

Back