Vacation Ramblings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see that saw re-united with it's owner. :msp_thumbsup: She does run pretty good, that's for sure. Stronger than mine or TK's. Going to run mine some more tomorrow. The word is it takes a few more tanks to break these new saws in.

Think I should stop hoarding 346's? ;)

I'm sure you know the answer better than anyone else! :D

It may of course depend on which one has the best potential for modding - and I don't think we know that yet. I suspect it still is the 346xp though....:D

Let me answer your question with another question.
Would you like to be able to sell a warehouse full of 68 Mustangs, 69 Camaros or 70 Hemicudas???
Or even closer to home, how about a few NOS Dolmar 166's, Mac 125's, Solo twins, etc.?

Mike

Geez Mike; in that context I suppose I should order another pallet of them tomorrow.

But............since we are talking 50cc saws, the 'Cuda analogy should be small blocks, not big blocks. So, I'm thinking an AAR 'Cuda with the 340 Six Pack..............Get it......................340-Six...........Pack???? :msp_sneaky:

Geez Mike; in that context I suppose I should order another pallet of them tomorrow.

But............since we are talking 50cc saws, the 'Cuda analogy should be small blocks, not big blocks. So, I'm thinking an AAR 'Cuda with the 340 Six Pack..............Get it......................340-Six...........Pack???? :msp_sneaky:

;) Six-pack was actually the Dodge term for the 3-two barrel carburetion setup.

The 'Cuda AAR said 340 6-BARREL on the air filter cover. That being said, I totally agree with your analogy that the Trans-Am 'Cuda equals the 550XP.

Therefore:

562XP='Cuda 383 magnum

576XP AT='Cuda 440 6-barrel

390XP= Hemi 'Cuda

395XP= Roadrunner 440 6-barrel

3120XP= Hemi Superbird

I'd rather have a 69 Yenko Camaro packing a 427 :D

;) Six-pack was actually the Dodge term for the 3-two barrel carburetion setup.

The 'Cuda AAR said 340 6-BARREL on the air filter cover. That being said, I totally agree with your analogy that the Trans-Am 'Cuda equals the 550XP.

Therefore:

562XP='Cuda 383 magnum

576XP AT='Cuda 440 6-barrel

390XP= Hemi 'Cuda

395XP= Roadrunner 440 6-barrel

3120XP= Hemi Superbird

I love it! And you're right about the Dodge/Plymouth difference in nomenclature. And if Plymouth = Husky, then.........

2253= Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack

2260= Coronet R/T 440 Magnum

2172= Charger 440 Six Pack

2188= Hemi Daytona

We might even go back a few years......

70E= 1963 426 Max Wedge

And TK's Camaro, (built by a dealer to make up for the factory's inablity to build something that nice on their own), would at least run with the 383's. :laugh:

Boy.....are we off topic!

I love it! And you're right about the Dodge/Plymouth difference in nomenclature. And if Plymouth = Husky, then.........

2188= Hemi Daytona

70E= 1963 426 Max Wedge

And TK's Camaro, (built by a dealer to make up for the factory's inablity to build something that nice on their own), would at least run with the 383's. :laugh:

Now now bob factory built camaros owned the road racing scene ;) it's a car from that vintage that was actual built to turn as opposed to straight line racing!!

May I venture a submission of one 1970 chevelle ss454 to play with the big boys? :D

These are really a step ahead of the 346xp.

What a nice 50cc saw. And ported....well.....you just need to run one.

It's got my vote! Thanks Spike and Mitch.

Yes, but there was only 1 that was so dominant that the BowTie and Blue Oval boys went crying to the France family and had it banned forever!!!
Hint: It still holds the speed record at a few tracks after 40+ years, and it was faster than the tires of the time could handle!!!:D

Mike

Boss 302 and for early NASCAR Boss 429!!

We never got to find out how good the Boss 429 was going to be cause that was kind of the last straw for the factory wars. Right about then NASCAR pulled the plug on the fun and knocked the Boss and HEMI down to 305CI. So the Ford and Chrysler teams went back to 427 and 426 wedge motors.

And the suits have been ruining it ever since. From 427 Torino Taladegas and Hemi Superbirds we've got the "Car of Tomorrow". I'd rather have yesterday.

And let's not even mention Toyotas driven by girls. I mean, come on.

Last edited:
We never got to find out how good the Boss 429 was going to be cause that was kind of the last straw for the factory wars. Right about then NASCAR pulled the plug on the fun and knocked the Boss and HEMI down to 305CI. So the Ford and Chrysler teams went back to 427 and 426 wedge motors.

And the suits have been ruining it ever since. From 427 Torino Taladegas and Hemi Superbirds we've got the "Car of Tomorrow". I'd rather have yesterday.

And let's not even mention Toyotas driven by girls. I mean, come on.

Spike, you and I agree 100%!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2188= Hemi Daytona

70E= 1963 426 Max Wedge

errrrrrr ZL-1 (Central Office Production Order) was a factory aluminum 427 car.....
just sayin':msp_wink:

That new COPO Camaro with the blown 327 is the ####...... :clap::clap::clap:

[video=youtube;8Ict8Az-yJY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ict8Az-yJY[/video]

THE factory supercar:

1968 BO29 Superstock/A Automatic Barracuda.

ss-aa.jpg

And of course, the ultimate iteration of the passenger car engine.

500 cu. in. Fuel burning Hemi

Until you have stood ten feet from this you have no idea.

[video=youtube;ENURbIx9zRc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENURbIx9zRc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

errrrrrr ZL-1 (Central Office Production Order) was a factory aluminum 427 car.....
just sayin':msp_wink:

Nik, we built a killer ZL1 Camaro about 6 years back, a Daytona Yellow one. Correct factory aluminum block 427. Sounded flatout awesome, and dropped jaws everywhere we took it.

THE factory supercar:

1968 BO29 Superstock/A Automatic Barracuda.

ss-aa.jpg

Nik, we built a killer ZL1 Camaro about 6 years back, a Daytona Yellow one. Correct factory aluminum block 427. Sounded flatout awesome, and dropped jaws everywhere we took it.

Yes, that looks just like a car you find at a dealership with a price tag on it - with 3 or 4 more in storage for when that one sells :msp_w00t:

Yes, that looks just like a car you find at a dealership with a price tag on it - with 3 or 4 more in storage for when that one sells :msp_w00t:

Believe it or not....In 1968 you could waltz right down to your local dealership and order one.
They were gnarly nasty things.
Lexan windows held in place by a strap.
No comfort items whatsoever.
But they are STILL the King of their class.

Mike

You needed to be quick though. ~50 of the Barracudas were built, along with ~50 of the SS/A and SS/AA Darts.

Latest posts

Back