Vacation Ramblings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob super tuned Brads saw. He must have tweaked the computer programming when he was in there!! She runs real good :D sounds good too. No need to time them, mine was slower fo sho.

Well that's odd... My saw seems to be a tad louder now, and what's this .325 chain doing on there???? :D

I see a direct connection there.....:msp_wink:

4a4b27eb-1cf3-14aa.jpg

I took a few minutes to make a couple cuts with the 550. She runs GREAT. I can't believe the power this saw has without porting! You'd be surprised how hard I'm pushing to pull it down like I do in the vid. Thanks for taking care of me Spike.

[video=youtube_share;ftiINioYYQU]http://youtu.be/ftiINioYYQU[/video]

I knew you would be taken care of in a fast, professional manner!!!
Looks like a good running saw.
How does it compare with your 346???

Mike

Good to see that saw re-united with it's owner. :msp_thumbsup: She does run pretty good, that's for sure. Stronger than mine or TK's. Going to run mine some more tomorrow. The word is it takes a few more tanks to break these new saws in.

Think I should stop hoarding 346's? ;)

Good to see that saw re-united with it's owner. :msp_thumbsup: She does run pretty good, that's for sure. Stronger than mine or TK's. Going to run mine some more tomorrow. The word is it takes a few more tanks to break these new saws in.

I'm sure you know the answer better than anyone else! :D

Let me answer your question with another question.
Would you like to be able to sell a warehouse full of 68 Mustangs, 69 Camaros or 70 Hemicudas???
Or even closer to home, how about a few NOS Dolmar 166's, Mac 125's, Solo twins, etc.?

Mike

She sure sounds good! If you get a chance, tach it in the cut. I couldn't believe what mine was pulling in 14" wood with 3/8" on there....

She sure sounds good! If you get a chance, tach it in the cut. I couldn't believe what mine was pulling in 14" wood with 3/8" on there....

It does have a good throaty sound to it for 50cc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Once in the first cut did it drop below 10k rpm. Even in the second cut where it really sounds like it's slowing down, it still stays over 10k, and most of the cut pulls 11k. I'm thinking a muff mod will help bring the rpm's up a bit more. I can't imagine what some porting will do :D

[video=youtube;fnjbTtmYrHU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnjbTtmYrHU[/video]

Preferably .325, with Oregon LPX chain, maybe with an 8-pin! :D

I have considered putting that on there, just don't want to pay for a bar/chain for it. Yes I know I get 'em cheap but hey I got bills too!

Latest posts

Back