Vacation Ramblings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How to reset?

Is it possible to reset the AT without the proper dianostics? Maybe but shorting to of the pins on the OBD while the saw is running? Could be nice to be able to do this if things get coiled up in the control centre.
Sure someone will figure something out.
Great to have these you guys around to show us tge way (especialy Brad and Spike).
And a great thread to. Nice to get first hand impressions and knowledge from you guys!!!

Motorsen

And this is why we support our site sponsors. Can you imagine having to deal with this through some less than competent dealer?:msp_w00t: Thanks Bob!

Let me add that Bob is one of "The best of the best" here too!!!
My dealings with him have been flawless and I would not hesitate one second before transacting "bidness" with him again!!!:msp_thumbup:

Mike

Is it possible to reset the AT without the proper dianostics? Maybe but shorting to of the pins on the OBD while the saw is running? Could be nice to be able to do this if things get coiled up in the control centre.
Sure someone will figure something out.
Great to have these you guys around to show us tge way (especialy Brad and Spike).
And a great thread to. Nice to get first hand impressions and knowledge from you guys!!!

Motorsen

Version one used on the 570 and 576 can be reset in with a simple flashing of 18v.

Version 2, All the newer auto tune versions requires the reader to do a master reset.

Version one used on the 570 and 576 can be reset in with a simple flashing of 18v.

Version 2, All the newer auto tune versions requires the reader to do a master reset.

We need to get someone with the reader together with someone with a logic analyzer and we can make a pocket reset tool ;)

My dealings with him have been flawless and I would not hesitate one second before transacting "bidness" with him again!!!:msp_thumbup:

Mike

You mean this fella..............:msp_biggrin:

IMG_0085-3.jpg

Hey hold on a minute now, regarding that pic with the Stihl, that's no ordinary Stihl. That's "Christine", and she has quite the attitude. And the fact that I knew there was gonna be a pic posted is why I'm grinning there. Although, just running that saw is enough to put a grin on anybody.

OK, the carb is in the 550. She's sounding a lot different and I THINK we got her. Can't take it out back to the woods at the moment and play, but 2 issues are gone. One, the primer fills and firms up like it's supposed to, and the idle is perfect. Acceleration is right there as well. Need to put some time on it first to be sure it's 100%. Since it's already the end of the week, I'll run a tank or two through it over the weekend and send it home to Brad on Monday.

I didn't go the wimp out route of moving the original AT unit over to the new carb. Going to have to know how to do the software download routine, so I hooked it up and did it the right way. I don't know if there's any changes to it yet, but that insures that Brad will have the latest software. Really not that hard to do. And the best part is that you don't have to have the carb in the saw to load the software. Just have to go to the Husky site and download the current software and save the file. Then using the DT, you click on "software update" and download the file to the carb. All of the Husky stuff worked fine. My only problem was finding where the heck the file went to on my computer. Getting the carb in and out of the 550 is no harder than with any of the new saws. Just have a couple of extra wires to plug in. The DT also asked that both the product code and serial number be entered, which I did. I don't know what would have happened if I left that out, but the carb, AT module and coil all have to be in sync.

But, while this is easy for me to do, it's obviously going to be a problem for anyone who's not a Husky dealer and doesn't have access to the software or a diagnostic tool. That does make it a competitive advantage for guys like me and TK, since half the dealer base will take a while to figure this stuff out. And a fair amount of the other half are probably never going to figure it out. (I have about 50 346's in stock for the faint-of-heart. :msp_wink:) It will help separate the better dealers from the clowns. But, while this might be good for me, it's going to leave a lot of very capable do-it-yourself guys out in the cold if you don't have a competent dealer who can program a carb for you. And let's not forget that there will still be carb failures due to all of the usual reasons, like having the thing sit with water or something in it for 5 months. And you won't be able to put a carb on it without first programing it.

I gotta close up and get out of here. I'll check in with you guys later.

Last edited:

Mike

For sure, just chatted with him today. Ordered some parts while I was at work (on the road) dreaming about my other job (saws).

Now if the powers that be within the Husqvarna group are listening, they'd offer a simple software kit with a USB adapter for the do it yourself type. That would really help Husky's PR IMHO... Just think about it, tuning a saw with a smart phone as you cut.:msp_wink:

Now if the powers that be within the Husqvarna group are listening, they'd offer a simple software kit with a USB adapter for the do it yourself type. That would really help Husky's PR IMHO... Just think about it, tuning a saw with a smart phone as you cut.:msp_wink:

Bluetooth connectivity with tach and temp readings on your iPhone;)

Not my kind of thing, but by all means they could do it tomorrow if they wanted to. Bluetooth phone/ diagnostic software for cars.. no reason there cant be the same for saws.

Hey bob, I'll be swinging by Saturday morning, can help ya put some petrol through that bad boy - if the wife will let me stay long enough to play lol. I'm sure we'll wanna get home and relax a bit before heading to work on Monday. I've got my 550 with me, maybe we can have a race and see if I can beat brads saw!!!!!

Back