Vacation Ramblings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that gives a guy some hope. Still though, If you leave a 660 and the latest & greatest out in the elements for a week or 3, is that ecu saw going to fire up like that 660 will? Will months of that ruin the electronics in that new saw? It won't do any harm to the 660's guts.

Honestly, I think these electonically controlled carbs will be fantastic for the typical user. What's better than having a saw that's always perfectly tuned?

To answer your question, there's very little to this stuff, and it's all sealed. No different really than an electronic ignition coil.

Keep it civil guys:rock: We have some strong opinions here, and I respect that.

it's like a line in the sand.

Guys get afraid of change, even young ones that should be more adaptable. We live in a world of rapid advancements. The ability to deal with and adapt to changing conditions is a life skill far more important in this day and age than it ever was in the past. Go with the flow, learn to work with what is coming.

sounDing bluE. But I digress. I will be interested when I can fall a tree with a lazer beam, then adjust the reach and limb it up without taking a step. God that sounds boring though. .

My only AT saw experience (so far) was on Forrest Wright's 562XP at the spring GTG.

It had already cut 200 loads, and only had a simple MM.

That little saw, with a 28" bar, flat ass hauled the mail! There were others there that were equally as impressed, that have/do make a living in the woods.

It made me into a believer fer sure. . . I won't hate on these new gen saws.

Think about the first few runs of most everything, they're usually buggy. Buy gen-5 stuff, and the bugs are generally gone.

Brad reminds me of another guy on here a few years ago--always had a penchant for finding bent rods, poor performing saws, etc. etc., all the while reengineering and modifying the things before they're even fired. I suppose this is entertaining, but fewer problems exist with sensible people in the real world.

I've modded plenty of stuff before running it first.

The unreasonable man is the root of successful change.

Some kind of hang up down in SC, and the carb just shows "out for pick" as of this morning. So, we gotta wait til after the weekend for the big mystery. Would have been better if they didn't even have one and I'd be able to weisel a replacement saw out of them.

Brad reminds me of another guy on here a few years ago--always had a penchant for finding bent rods, poor performing saws, etc. etc., all the while reengineering and modifying the things before they're even fired. I suppose this is entertaining, but fewer problems exist with sensible people in the real world.

Must be miserable living in the skin of such a miserable person! Go take your meds.

Some kind of hang up down in SC, and the carb just shows "out for pick" as of this morning. So, we gotta wait til after the weekend for the big mystery. Would have been better if they didn't even have one and I'd be able to weisel a replacement saw out of them.
But inquiring minds demand that we know what was wrong with this one:)

Another thing to keep in mind, turns out the carb was bad and the software tried to compensate for it. The saw would hardly run due to error coding out due to the issue. Now take the regular guy that gets a 346 with a bad carb. The saw more then likely would have still pulled in the wood and leaned out on the high side burning up the piston. If the operator was clever enough to recognize the difference between rev limiter and four stroking, he may have tried to adjust it out which would have also led to an engine issue down the road. This of course is a speculation but a highly plausible one.

Also if said 346 carb was bad out of the box, probability would be that the dealer would have to order it anyway. Which puts you right back to waiting regardless.

Must be miserable living in the skin of such a miserable person! Go take your meds.

If it helps you sleep better at night to think I'm miserable, you go right ahead sunshine.

Ever notice how defensive people get when someone speaks the truth? :hmm3grin2orange:

If it helps you sleep better at night to think I'm miserable, you go right ahead sunshine.

Ever notice how defensive people get when someone speaks the truth? :hmm3grin2orange:
No. It's just that it's disgusting to see someone as yourself that just loves to constantly try to tear others down. Even if what you say were true, it's still a sign that you're a disturbed individual.

No. It's just that it's disgusting to see someone as yourself that just loves to constantly try to tear others down. Even if what you say were true, it's still a sign that you're a disturbed individual.

No, I'm just brutally honest, and you can't handle it. That's why it's "disgusting" to you. I give more compliments than criticisms around here. If what *you* said were true, I'd have been banned a long time ago. That's a fact.

In a few cases, yes. In the vast majority, they're just a source of wasted time and effort. :msp_tongue:
who cares if he modded his saw before running it. Does it affect you. I don't agree with everything everyone does but I don't feel that I have to call them out on it either. If everyone was the same this world would suck. I think brad is a pretty good guy myself. I've had a couple conversations with him and he seems to have great knowledge. So who cares if someone mods a saw new or after 100 tanks ? I had my 261 ported before I ever put a drop of fuel in it.

No, I'm just brutally honest, and you can't handle it. That's why it's "disgusting" to you. I give more compliments than criticisms around here. If what *you* said were true, I'd have been banned a long time ago. That's a fact.

You are brutal!

Not so convinced on the honest part.
Brad takes CONSTRUCTIVE criticism better than anyone I know.
Your type of criticism is rarely constructive.

You are quick to point out that he finds a lot of stuff that is whacked.
What you didn't mention is the fact that he has been inside more saws than the entire families of MOST people have ever seen.
It really is a shame that your obvious intelligence is wasted being such a butthead.
You are part of our community though and we like having you around.....in spite of yourself.

Mike

Latest posts

Back