Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LonestarStihl

LonestarStihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well they can paint them add decals--not so much woodworking--IT WILL BE FUN-those are the times you never forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Being a dad:sweet:
God first - Family second - I am juggling the job and CAD which part they go in right now though lol. I love my family so much. I try to be as much a part of my boys lives as possible. That's what got me more into saws was learning to work on them so I can pass it down to them. Both my boys love working on them with me. Boomer has helped me lots with getting project saws :) an 041 and soon a 015

LonestarStihl

LonestarStihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well they can paint them add decals--not so much woodworking--IT WILL BE FUN-those are the times you never forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Being a dad:sweet:
Oh no my older son has a coping saw he adores lol. I plan to put the wood block in a vise and let them help me some with the dremel. They are good with tools and respect their power...sometimes :)

Mac&Homelite

Mac&Homelite

Addicted to ArboristSite
Great Ill be sending you my 660 for testing lol
haha, that works for me! I should warn you that you may not get it back! The huztl 660 kits have been starting to eat away at me lately. I keep on telling myself I don't need ANY more saws. If I get any more, some are going to have to go into storage, which is not something I want to do.

LonestarStihl

LonestarStihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
haha, that works for me! I should warn you that you may not get it back! The huztl 660 kits have been starting to eat away at me lately. I keep on telling myself I don't need ANY more saws. If I get any more, some are going to have to go into storage, which is not something I want to do.
Id have to go all Dog the Bounty Hunter on youlol

Mac&Homelite

Mac&Homelite

Addicted to ArboristSite
I would say more important than compression tester--have a craftsman--new-never used in 10 years--I feel compression-look at exhaust-intake ports for problems--David
Gosh totally agree with that! Used my compression tester once and it gives me those wonky values for small engines. Should have bought the pressure/vac to begin with.

LonestarStihl

LonestarStihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
Gosh totally agree with that! Used my compression tester once and it gives me those wonky values for small engines. Should have bought the pressure/vac to begin with.
I think a p/v tester is next on my list. It seems to be a pretty pertinent and valuable tool in this trade.

46 Poulan

46 Poulan

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
God first - Family second - I am juggling the job and CAD which part they go in right now though lol. I love my family so much. I try to be as much a part of my boys lives as possible. That's what got me more into saws was learning to work on them so I can pass it down to them. Both my boys love working on them with me. Boomer has helped me lots with getting project saws :) an 041 and soon a 015
100% in agreement on that--Keep leading your family--Husband-Dad-Be a man after Gods own heart---A man of integrity---I pray for families--all of them in this world--Yall all included--Even a single guy is a family and has a family--Some people go through this life and never see the true value,gift of the loved ones you have been given-Be kind to one another--David--I could write a book I guess about this subject------David

46 Poulan

46 Poulan

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
WooHOO somebody agrees with me!! I sort of laugh when people check compression on other threads--ITS low--arrrrrrrr--Tear saw all to peices --It all looks great????--Never bad to start with:eek:

LonestarStihl

LonestarStihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yes, I think it should be well worth the investment. I went a different route than I usually do, and bought the Mityvac instead of a cheapo one.
I plan to do the mightyvac as well :) I have it saved in my amazon lists lol. $50 isn't bad compared to what the dealers will probably charge and for something that could save you hundreds in damages.

LonestarStihl

LonestarStihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
WooHOO somebody agrees with me!! I sort of laugh when people check compression on other threads--ITS low--arrrrrrrr--Tear saw all to peices --It all looks great????--Never bad to start with:eek:
First tool I bought after joining this site lol. I have 2 and I still enjoy the readings. its funny because its my boy's favorite tool to us eon the saw lol. I tyhink they enjoy watching me work yanking on thos epull cords over and over for every saw they want to work on lol

46 Poulan

46 Poulan

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
It could be fun to see some ## But I would then want to see specs also--Heavier oil ratio could raise compression I think--dry piston from old saw may be low anyway--Like I said we got all kinds here(COOL HAND LUKE--Its one of my favorite movies--Get the dvd if you never heard or saw it--Has anybody seen it????

Mac&Homelite

Mac&Homelite

Addicted to ArboristSite
It could be fun to see some ## But I would then want to see specs also--Heavier oil ratio could raise compression I think--dry piston from old saw may be low anyway--Like I said we got all kinds here(COOL HAND LUKE--Its one of my favorite movies--Get the dvd if you never heard or saw it--Has anybody seen it????
No I haven't seen the movie, just looked it up and it seems really good. I will have to put it on the ever growing list of movies to watch lol.

Latest posts