Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again eBay.
I've been looking, but my searches aren't returning much, but I haven't really figured out if there are special keywords I need to use. I know searching for certain Homelights, some searches return what I'm wanting and then sometimes I'm looking at other unrelated stuff but saws pop up that weren't returned when I searched for them specifically lol

I've been looking, but my searches aren't returning much, but I haven't really figured out if there are special keywords I need to use. I know searching for certain Homelights, some searches return what I'm wanting and then sometimes I'm looking at other unrelated stuff but saws pop up that weren't returned when I searched for them specifically lol
Get ahold of a user on this site called @Acornhill he probably has pistons

That's what makes it so hard to sell saws on ebay. Sometimes when a person wants to buy a saw and just type in "chainsaw" the ones certain of us are selling don't come up. I guess you have to make your search very specific including spelling. Just like a password, if you miss one letter it throws it out..

That's what makes it so hard to sell saws on ebay. Sometimes when a person wants to buy a saw and just type in "chainsaw" the ones certain of us are selling don't come up. I guess you have to make your search very specific including spelling. Just like a password, if you miss one letter it throws it out..

I agree...I always get tired of those dadgum poulans popping up. Who in their right mind buys these?? [emoji12]

That bc to a consumer they look at new vs used they can get a brand new one for what u sell a used one for......they don5e realize the old one has way more quality and craftsmanship

Yeah the old timers have got to be pizzed to see how far downhill Mac, Homelite, and Poulan have gone.
Yeah they sell something now that has the mac name on it. I can't confirm that it's actually a chainsaw because the ad's refer to them having a blade........ whatever that is.
ADLM

Here now! i buy those poulans lol, not the new ones as there just a shell of the originals. The old school ones though i love

Hah I know the old ones are goodies. The problem is they go to tractor supply and get a $150 run it work a week until it has an issue and sell it for $100 on eBay. So those are what floods eBay and Craigslist. I was just poking the bears out there with my iron ;)

No doubt about the new stuff flooding ebay and craigslist. Sometimes though you can get lucky and find some old iron somone just wants rid of

Yeah they sell something now that has the mac name on it. I can't confirm that it's actually a chainsaw because the ad's refer to them having a blade........ whatever that is.
ADLM

I'd love to put a blade on mine. Get rid of my electric circular saw for a gasser

To the OP just start buying saws in your price range... if they arent worth fixing sell pieces and parts then use that to buy more saws. Fix and sell ones that arent on your list, then you can buy some that are. Thats what im doing selling off some of my duplicates or smaller ones.... and currently im collecting a couple muscle saws from every brand i can, i go for saws 70 ccs and up.

Back