Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This race sounds fun. I live in the pine tree state so that's not a problem. Are we going with green pine or old downed pine? I have a large amount of saws under 40cc that collect dust and could be sacrificed. I'm thinking a Homelite top handle with 8" bar and tuned lean to scream and taking out the dremel tool and trying to make a racing chain. I have a poulan and echo and Mac that might make good racers

You know, after we try the sub 40cc class, we're going to have to do the sub 60cc class. Already thinking about the ms361 running a .043 x 12" setup.[emoji23]
Might as well try the sub-82cc (5 cubic inch) class right away... I'd be all in for a sub-82cc modified (or stock) video class.
Thoughts??

This race sounds fun. I live in the pine tree state so that's not a problem. Are we going with green pine or old downed pine? I have a large amount of saws under 40cc that collect dust and could be sacrificed. I'm thinking a Homelite top handle with 8" bar and tuned lean to scream and taking out the dremel tool and trying to make a racing chain. I have a poulan and echo and Mac that might make good racers

4x4 Pine posts so it's same across the board for comparison. Just go to Home Depot.

Life begins at 5 cubes.

The challenge for modding an Echo 302 is the muffler, pop that grill off and I'll see what I mean.
On the other hand...302s aren't clamshells, adjusting squish is possible.
When we get to 5 cubes join in and race us bud. Was a five cube a limbing saw back then in your neck of the woods?

Neat looking old homies i spy a mall 1 or 2mg also, i dont have any of those models so im not a good judge of value some others on here have some if theyll chime in. One thing to be sure of on those old dogs is corrosion, be sure to inspect the insides of the fuel tanks for white death (corrosion).

Neat looking old homies i spy a mall 1 or 2mg also, i dont have any of those models so im not a good judge of value some others on here have some if theyll chime in. One thing to be sure of on those old dogs is corrosion, be sure to inspect the insides of the fuel tanks for white death (corrosion).
Thanks, I will definitely check that out.

Latest posts

Back