Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Needs the 5200 p/c installed on it. Doing a top end swap. The 4200 does have some problems under the covers, that's why I'm using the best parts to build one. Flywheel and coils and starter cover has some issues and mounts are shot on the 4200, that i can tell so far.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

cdc7aadfc42da902e6cbaff4b994c05a.jpg

My wood splitter runs on leaded fuel...
f9898a19b0f7cabd9784f1dc36706456.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's everyone's favorite tool for splitting by hand? I always grab the Fiskars X25. If the x25 can't succeed easily it gets noodled then I go at it again. Tough stuff like crotch pieces go into the outdoor fire pit.

What's everyone's favorite tool for splitting by hand? I always grab the Fiskars X25. If the x25 can't succeed easily it gets noodled then I go at it again. Tough stuff like crotch pieces go into the outdoor fire pit.
Nice heavy double bit for me. Splitting maul works, but it wears me out quicker.

depends on what I'm splitting, I was using a hatchet the other day to split 2 inch chunks of Applewood for the smoker, straight grain woods up to 12 inches or so i use a 3lb axe or anything bigger or nasty grain goes in the hydraulic splitter

I wish I had more vintage hatchet or axe heads, it's very therapeutic for me fixing up and rehandling those old ones, I spend a lot of time working on the axe handle until I like the way the axe handle feels in my hands, and I spend quite a bit of time making the axe head fit the axe handle well so it doesn't move. I have 3 axes now, one more waiting to be rehandled, and I want another hatchet head cause I love the hatchet i did so much. I want to buy a 26 inch hults bruk 1.5lb fellers axe, I dont have any medium sized ones

Covering my bases so nothing could be misconstrued hahaha

I wish I had more vintage hatchet or axe heads, it's very therapeutic for me fixing up and rehandling those old ones, I spend a lot of time working on the axe handle until I like the way the axe handle feels in my hands, and I spend quite a bit of time making the axe head fit the axe handle well so it doesn't move. I have 3 axes now, one more waiting to be rehandled, and I want another hatchet head cause I love the hatchet i did so much. I want to buy a 26 inch hults bruk 1.5lb fellers axe, I dont have any medium sized ones

Covering my bases so nothing could be misconstrued hahaha
Same here. I was hoping I would find some more at the flea market last weekend, but they were all overpriced for me, plus I was pretty happy after I found the saws. It is nothing for me to spend an afternoon working on a handle. Here was my latest (sorry if I've shown it before, I can't remember). This one has quite a few stories behind it, from the head breaking years ago, to the wood being from the first tree I removed. It's oak, and yes I know about the knots in it. It's a wall hanger anyway as I don't really trust the head. Despite that, it has a superb feel, and the octoganal handle design will be replicated again because it feels so nice.
7017f2eb7a86f24d6702c1349ead78e2.jpg

@Dahmer i saw the other day when I was catching up on the 66 posts I missed you were a gun collector and said you loved your .338 Lapua, do you have anything chambered in .375 CheyTac?

@Dahmer i saw the other day when I was catching up on the 66 posts I missed you were a gun collector and said you loved your .338 Lapua, do you have anything chambered in .375 CheyTac?
The Lapua costs too much to shoot a lot. If I owned a Chey Tec I would have an electric Remington chainsaw for my only saw.

Well how was everybodys weekend? Mine was pretty good. Got disappointed by the ms361 but the Homelite 350 came to the rescue and got the job done. Got some more cleaning done on the Mac 250. It's a very pretty saw underneath all the grime. Heads up for those looking for a cheap cleaner, don't use purple power, keresose is about the best you can get. The purple power dulled the paint really bad on the Mac and didn't even clean that well. Lesson learned on an unseen area, and hopefully I can spare someone else some agony.
190eac3b0a7f5f347b72f79e65ecd369.jpg

Latest posts

Back