Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have any luck with saws tonight? I took apart the mac carb again... and readjusted the metering lever. Figured I was bending the wrong end of the lever and that was what was causing me to have the tuning issues. Worst case is it still doesn't run right and I finally put in the carb kit that I bought. Will hopefully test tomorrow and see if that was indeed the problem. Everything else looked spotless so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the issue. At least I can work all day tomorrow believing that that was the issue, and now it will work flawlessly lol.

Won't be running any saws tomorrow, got 15 dump truck loads of fill dirt brought in from a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant that was under underlayment of their parking lot and may have 30 more coming so guess what we'll be doing tomorrow, moving dirt all day.

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Wish I could say I ran saw all day lol. Went to landfill and found some logs for cookies, couple pine, oak, and a ash (I think) which will be for handle blanks. Mac 250 was a no go again. Probably won't get to touch it for another month or so at the minimum as I am off to college in a little over a week. So then I slap the 36'' on the 361 to give me giggles and see how it does. Wouldn't start for the life of me. Dropped the 20'' back on, started right up. Tuned it and it ran fine. Let it sit for a while, no go again!!! Argh! Tore into it tonight and readjusted the carb. When I was looking at the cylinder, there seemed to be some scoring. Hmm? Popped the cylinder, and guess what? I was right. Two score lines, which barely catch my fingernail on the right of the exhaust port. :mad: Must have ran it lean too long tuning it! Back together it went and ran again on the third pull. Will test more tmrw am and see if it will restart when warm. Probably will post some cylinder pics tomorrow pm while on break at work so ya'll can see my cylinder. Not the worst, and would much rather learn on this saw over another that is harder to replace and rebuild.

Latest posts

Back