Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my oldest fell in love with the 576Xp. My middle one loves Stihl but sometimes goes to the echo side [emoji53]. This one is going to have to be a McCulloch man!
Good taste, my favorite saw with the 441 coming in at close 2nd

Nothing wrong with being a McCulloch man! I sure do love my pm10-10 even though I have never had it in wood. I can't wait until I do get in some big stuff. Lots projects and aspirations, but not enough time it seems.

You're not getting it... It wouldn't be up to your snuff anyway lol. Not much will match that 10-10s you got.

Well I need a throw down saw ya know lol. I’ve got an addiction for them mccullochs now. It’s the same price as I paid for the 10-10s lol. But it’s a longer drive so figure I’ll make a day out of it and do something else up there to make it worth it.

A few days ago, my dad picked up an old grey craftsman saw but didn’t know what it was. Turns out it’s another rebadged 3400. That make 5 of them (red and grey). They must be everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, even I have one. Mine's kinda low on compression, put another piston and rings in it, still around 100 comp but it runs. Maybe just needs broke in a little..

If the cylinder bore is good, piston and rings are good and compression tester was tight, should have good compression. Test dry or wet? Wet cylinder or dry cylinder is what I'm saying.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

If the cylinder bore is good, piston and rings are good and compression tester was tight, should have good compression. Test dry or wet? Wet cylinder or dry cylinder is what I'm saying.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
Remember these Poulan/Craftsman saws had an aluminum cylinder and chrome piston. The piston I replaced wasn't worn out it was broken, cylinder looked good but I didn't measure it, could have been worn out but I really didn't want to put the money in it to replace cylinder..

Remember these Poulan/Craftsman saws had an aluminum cylinder and chrome piston. The piston I replaced wasn't worn out it was broken, cylinder looked good but I didn't measure it, could have been worn out but I really didn't want to put the money in it to replace cylinder..

I had one years ago that I put rings in and the compression was only 120 psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back