Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah there are several saws the guy is selling as a lot. It is 45 minutes from my nearest friend though so not sure if it is worth the time.
If that's a 4200 or 5200 countervibe in that picture it may be.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I can see them real well, can't see what Poulan that's in the picture cause that stihl s10 is in the way. I've tried swiping my screen but I still can't seem to move it out of the way.

Steve Sidwell
Yeah that pic is from the ad, it is really grainy.

I am trying to buy several saws from the guy but he does not remember what models and which ones run....so he is supposed to send me more info tonight. He is nearly 3 hours from me so I would have a buddy pick them up.

Question for you pro collectors....

Is there a saw that is worth a ton of money to keep an eye out for? Is there a desirable "rare" model that I should be keeping my eye out for. I see old antique saws all the time for sale, but even the highest dollar ones are only going for around $100 from what I have seen. Is there money in collecting them, or is it just for the fun. I have a few old ones that seem pretty rare, but I still don't think they are worth even putting money into them to get them running.

I am not trying to knock saw collecting at all, I think they are all awesome, and I have slowly started collecting them myself, I am just wondering if their is a market for them.

Question for you pro collectors....

Is there a saw that is worth a ton of money to keep an eye out for? Is there a desirable "rare" model that I should be keeping my eye out for. I see old antique saws all the time for sale, but even the highest dollar ones are only going for around $100 from what I have seen. Is there money in collecting them, or is it just for the fun. I have a few old ones that seem pretty rare, but I still don't think they are worth even putting money into them to get them running.

I am not trying to knock saw collecting at all, I think they are all awesome, and I have slowly started collecting them myself, I am just wondering if their is a market for them.
Finding something of higher value is hit and miss. You’ll probably find 20 plus homeowner saws for every one that’s worth some bucks. But they are out there.

As a general rule if you can find saws that are greater than 70 cc they are probably going to bring some coin. And once you get past 80 cc people will really open the wallet especially for a clean runner.

Back