Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An 07 would be mighty fine...

That it would! But I’m having my doubts that it’s that old as well. Of course I’d be verrry excited with an 038 or 056. And any of their variants lol. But I’ve been leaning towards more likely an 031 like said before. But I would like an 031, I think it’d be fun. So we will see

The 031 isn't a bad saw. They're a little heavy for their displacement but they have good lugging power. I have one I'm getting ready to restore to usable quality..

Yeh the weight doesn’t bother me yet. Still young enough i can enjoy it lol. I love the 056magII and it’s definitely not light.

Yeah, I don't really care about the weight yet. Antivibe is a different story though...I definitely like running the saws that have better antivibe.

I like antivibe but i really like the saws without it lol. Either way I just like to run them. Now if I’m out getting work done then it’s generally the more modern saws with antivibe accompanying me

First Schteel I ever ran was an 031. Don't even remember how it is power wise but definitely built like a tank.

I have a co-workers Stihl 041 Super, I believe he straight-gassed it because it has almost no compression.

Stihl discontinued new piston/cylinder kits, and I can't find any aftermarket parts for the 041 Super.

Anybody know where I could find some aftermarket parts?

I have a co-workers Stihl 041 Super, I believe he straight-gassed it because it has almost no compression.

Stihl discontinued new piston/cylinder kits, and I can't find any aftermarket parts for the 041 Super.

Anybody know where I could find some aftermarket parts?

Good luck! Lol

Chainsawr, fleaBay, and chainsaw parts section of the forum will be your best bet. The 041av isn’t easy but way easier. The Super is tough to find parts for generally. Sorry i couldn’t be more helpful

I was afraid you were going to say that...

Best bet in my opinion is going to be to try hard and be patient waiting for a parts saw not blown up. Orrrr buy a complete saw. And the super doesn’t normally come cheap [emoji19]

Although I have seen some around $150-$200 which is a low end price usually for a non runner. But that’s just what I’ve seen pricewise

Hi Guys,

I believe I am soon to be the happy owner of a Dolmar CT, does anyone know if a Husqy 3120xp Bar in 3/8 will fit it? or what bar might?

That’s definitely going to require pictures!

Acres shows they did them in .404, standard I’m assuming. You’d have to check and make sure what it’s setup for first. I don’t know jack squat about that model personally so i can’t really help. Just oooing and ahhhhing over it on Acres lol.

And I’m rambling. Need to take my crazy meds today i guess. Went without yesterday lol
How do you think I feel! I haven't touched a saw in something like a month now. I'm dying inside. Also, I have yet to figure out if it's a good or bad thing, but everyone is starting to know me as the saw guru on campus. Hasn't bagged me any saws yet, but I got a couple years left.

How do you think I feel! I haven't touched a saw in something like a month now. I'm dying inside. Also, I have yet to figure out if it's a good or bad thing, but everyone is starting to know me as the saw guru on campus. Hasn't bagged me any saws yet, but I got a couple years left.

If I were you...I’d find places to volunteer at and get involved in the community especially with an older group. That’s where I think you’d have better luck of meeting someone and establishing a relationship to open up to saws. Someone will know someone. Because let’s be honest most college kids aren’t collecting chainsaws

Hi Guys,

I believe I am soon to be the happy owner of a Dolmar CT, does anyone know if a Husqy 3120xp Bar in 3/8 will fit it? or what bar might?
i would put money in it having the large 14mm Dolmar Mount, it uses 14mm studs. Those bars are getting hard to find but there are some on eBay currently

Back