Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought about it, but since I can get chain made locally cheaper i dropped the idea. Looks like some good chain, I can't think of the chain maker of the chain but it's not Oregon.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

I've only used Archer Australia brand bulk chain. Still have yet to see the longevity of the chain, but even if it doesn't last as long, making loops is way cheaper than buying premade loops. In less than 2 36'' stihl loops I already have my money back on a full 25' roll. It seems to stay pretty sharp, but I don't have a lot of time into that chain.

The Archer chain seems good on an 025 sized saw. Easy to sharpen and wears well.

But my Husky 359 24" bent teeth on 2 of 5 loops granted it was gnarly oak and knotty spruce where it happened.

But for the price of 3 ya get 5 so pretty much a wash.

What kind of paint did you use? Looks really nice. I always want to repaint my saws, but I know if I do, they wouldn't get used.

Is there any hope for the intake boot sealing on this. It’s a new oem shindaiwa cylinder for a 488.
0c9b17df176979bdd2e720fa9e651c24.jpg
134e8f8ee7bc4e4093001b67c60ff193.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back