• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Vintage Stihl 070 - Runs Like a champ

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

090 Hunter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Like everyone else here I'm tired of ebay fees so here I am.

I've got a vintage 070 that's roars. Starts right away and idles strong.

$550 I'll pay the shipping

I've just joined this site so please see my ebay saw auctions and feedback for confidence.

finds4you

Can email 5 pics (all angles)

PayPal only please

Saw his ad on facebook. Been watching his ebay store for a while good feedback but as always 090 hunter you'll probably get cold shoulder for a bit. Head over to the chainsaws section and introduce your self.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not just post pictures so we can have a look at the old beast. What state are you in?
I'm in Kamloops British Columbia. About 3 hours east of Vancouver. It's definitely saw country around here. Having trouble with pics here. I'm on iPhone.

What's wrong with you? Can't we make an observation......................or is it not allowed because it disagrees with your view?

He has an ebay business. Isn't liking the ebay fees..................so he's come here to bypass that. Should become a site sponsor...
Why is your first instinct to be cynical, maybe he'll stick around and be a productive member of the site.

Not cynical here. Realistic. Based on past observations of many others that have started the same way here, and also based on his own statements.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong. Doesn't mean there's something "wrong" with me for making my observation.

Also, how do you know that's my first instinct? Sounds pretty cynical to me......

And that is why you should be careful when doing business with new members, it's not that hard. What's the ratio of good deals versus bad ones, probably pretty low.

Okay Ironworker...put your money where your mouth is. You buy the saw then report back to us how the deal went.
If it's a straight-up good deal then you've got a fine old saw and we have another seller that's worth trusting.
If you get burned think of how good you'll feel in that you've spared the rest of us from another ripoff artist.
You can't lose either way. The rest of the membership are depending on you.
Let us know.

Why is your first instinct to be cynical, maybe he'll stick around and be a productive member of the site.
That's ok I have kids. I know how young girls are when they get together. I just happen to have a pretty nice saw for sale. But I enjoy some good saw talk as much as the next guy. I'll get up to speed on here and figure it out. ;)

What do young girls have to do with our observations here? Attempting to deflect/belittle our observations by alluding that we're acting like "little girls"?:popcorn:

image.jpg

There she is from a few different angles.

My last 070 had 8 fins missing in the same area. I'm thinking I'm going to need to hook up a hockey visor.

No worries about selling it here. It's up on eBay. Just sharing a nice old saw.

That's ok I have kids. I know how young girls are when they get together. I just happen to have a pretty nice saw for sale. But I enjoy some good saw talk as much as the next guy. I'll get up to speed on here and figure it out. ;)

I see you read Brush Ape's guide to Winning Friends, and Influencing People.

I hope your 070 sells on eBay, and the deal goes off without a hitch. Unless of course Ironworker wants to buy your saw?

Latest posts

Back