• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Vintage Stihl 070 - Runs Like a champ

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to know an explanation of a bad saw deal? If good info and pictures are provided, compression test and pictures of cylinder position etc.

I would like to know an explanation of a bad saw deal? If good info and pictures are provided, compression test and pictures of cylinder position etc.

Well, one such example is when the saw never arrives. No offence 090 hunter, good luck with the sale. Just a bit of a taboo to post something for sale in your first couple posts. Understand that more than one or two scheisters have done exactly that.

Some of us joined to buy rare and elusive chainsaws and gain knowledge from knowledgable Monkeys, short legged pigs, really Senior Sitizens, Bears, Snobby Californians, dudes named Mike and Randy, and grumpy Cackalackistans.

Your omission of Doughnut Dealing Dirty Hippies is duly noted, and feelings have been hurt.

Being cautious doesn't equal being ugly to the guy. The same message could be convey in a whole lot nicer tone.

To the OP, you'll gain these guys trust a lot faster by posting detailed pics and sharing as much info about the saw as you can. Pics are a must. A video would be even better.

Being cautious doesn't equal being ugly to the guy. The same message could be convey in a whole lot nicer tone.

To the OP, you'll gain these guys trust a lot faster by posting detailed pics and sharing as much info about the saw as you can. Pics are a must. A video would be even better.

Yep. Especially making derisive comments, and saying people are acting like "little girls".

Oh wait, that was the OP.

Myopia is alive, and well.

Which was a response to a less than hospitable reception.
First post was of the "I'm here to avoid the eBay fees, and sell some saws" tone.

Brad,
Didn't you just post in the last day, or so that their should be a minimum post count in order to sell here in the Trading Post? Or am I twisting your words?

Okay Ironworker...put your money where your mouth is. You buy the saw then report back to us how the deal went.
If it's a straight-up good deal then you've got a fine old saw and we have another seller that's worth trusting.
If you get burned think of how good you'll feel in that you've spared the rest of us from another ripoff artist.
You can't lose either way. The rest of the membership are depending on you.
Let us know.
I'm not interested in the saw.

I see you read Brush Ape's guide to Winning Friends, and Influencing People.

I hope your 070 sells on eBay, and the deal goes off without a hitch. Unless of course Ironworker wants to buy your saw?
I'm not interested in the saw, but thanks for thinking of me sweet cheeks.

Not cynical here. Realistic. Based on past observations of many others that have started the same way here, and also based on his own statements.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong. Doesn't mean there's something "wrong" with me for making my observation.

Also, how do you know that's my first instinct? Sounds pretty cynical to me......
I'm just going by your negative post, assuming that the guy's just here to sell a saw or hoodwink someone, if you're dumb enough to give someone you don't know your money with out doing a little footwork, you deserve to get ripped off.

Your omission of Doughnut Dealing Dirty Hippies is duly noted, and feelings have been hurt.
I thought the Snobby Californians Pretty Much Covered that: isn't Hippy Short Hand for Kalifornian?

I agree. Posting a sale immediately not the norm here. I was looking for alternative places to sell outside of eBay and a friend led me here.

Since then I've found a few good Facebook groups too.

I'm a buyer/seller not really a nuts and bolts guy but I'm learning and thought a forum or two would be a good place to get some advice from those in the know.

I go on saw runs a few times a month after negotiating deals online. I'm happy to share that with the forum and the groups if anyone finds it interesting.

This Sunday picking up 2 Stihl 051's one running one a complete parts saw. Another Stihl 041 with an oil pump issue. 2 Stihl 060's one with relatively low hours but stripped of a few parts and its twin mostly complete but not working. And finally a Husky 395xpg.

If all goes well I'll post a few pics of the entire haul.

I agree. Posting a sale immediately not the norm here. I was looking for alternative places to sell outside of eBay and a friend led me here.

Since then I've found a few good Facebook groups too.

I'm a buyer/seller not really a nuts and bolts guy but I'm learning and thought a forum or two would be a good place to get some advice from those in the know.

I go on saw runs a few times a month after negotiating deals online. I'm happy to share that with the forum and the groups if anyone finds it interesting.

This Sunday picking up 2 Stihl 051's one running one a complete parts saw. Another Stihl 041 with an oil pump issue. 2 Stihl 060's one with relatively low hours but stripped of a few parts and its twin mostly complete but not working. And finally a Husky 395xpg.

If all goes well I'll post a few pics of the entire haul.
In FO Picturas.

Latest posts

Back