• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Vintage Stihl 070 - Runs Like a champ

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did. My opinion hasn't changed. However, I fail to see how that has anything to do with how this guy was treated by a couple guys.

Maybe an introduction would be nice before trying to sell stuff; OP, please introduce yourself, and post pictures of stuff first.

And we want to see pictures

Well if folks want deals on saws they will have to let folks like the OP in. After all most saws won't get Ebay prices here on the forum so theys new guys have of course the potential to cheat folks, but also the potential to save us money or hassle with auctions. If they can show credability as this new member attempted to do with his Ebay history what else can they do.

To the OP,
Forgive us if we didn't welcome you appropriately. I'm sure though as a member of other forums, the "unspoken rule" of introducing yourself and getting to know the folks, shouldn't be a surprise. There's been a fair amount of drama here recently regarding new members and sales/delivery/payment etc. don't take it personally.

After your initial 'I'm just here to save some e-bay fees' statement, I think your other post(s) show you to be 'one of us'. Talk saws, post pics, vids etc. ask questions. The thing that brings people from so many different backgrounds here is a love of chainsaws. There is an amazing generosity and sense of community here (believe it or not). An amazing base of knowledge, and even a genuine desire to help each other.

I mentioned (almost jokingly) In a thread that I was looking for a top cover that wasn't busted for an 046. To my surprise, a member here (NewToStihl) offered me one that he had... Gratis. Shipped it to me on his dime. That's the sort of thing I might do for a friend. Thing is though, we've never even really bumped into each other here previously. I'm humbled at the generosity and sense of community I feel around here. And I'd like to publicly thank NewToStihl for his generosity. To me it means a lot.

Some of the nicest most knowledgable people hang here and share their hobby. I hope you'll be here for a while too.

To the OP,
Forgive us if we didn't welcome you appropriately. I'm sure though as a member of other forums, the "unspoken rule" of introducing yourself and getting to know the folks, shouldn't be a surprise. There's been a fair amount of drama here recently regarding new members and sales/delivery/payment etc. don't take it personally.

After your initial 'I'm just here to save some e-bay fees' statement, I think your other post(s) show you to be 'one of us'. Talk saws, post pics, vids etc. ask questions. The thing that brings people from so many different backgrounds here is a love of chainsaws. There is an amazing generosity and sense of community here (believe it or not). An amazing base of knowledge, and even a genuine desire to help each other.

I mentioned (almost jokingly) In a thread that I was looking for a top cover that wasn't busted for an 046. To my surprise, a member here (NewToStihl) offered me one that he had... Gratis. Shipped it to me on his dime. That's the sort of thing I might do for a friend. Thing is though, we've never even really bumped into each other here previously. I'm humbled at the generosity and sense of community I feel around here. And I'd like to publicly thank NewToStihl for his generosity. To me it means a lot.

Some of the nicest most knowledgable people hang here and share their hobby. I hope you'll be here for a while too.

It's all true. I've chatted with a few enthusiasts that have helped me out. I'm fairly new to this but I get it. I get the appeal. The business end of it is something I just stumbled into as a buyer and seller of all things on eBay.

Appreciate the kind words.

I am in the same town ,, if anyone wants a saw checked out.
BBB
Good to know. I'm up in Juniper and I buy n sell saws. We should exchange info. I get a lot of people with saw issues coming to me. I have no clue.

This Sunday picking up 2 Stihl 051's one running one a complete parts saw. Another Stihl 041 with an oil pump issue. 2 Stihl 060's one with relatively low hours but stripped of a few parts and its twin mostly complete but not working. And finally a Husky 395xpg.

If all goes well I'll post a few pics of the entire haul.

I'd love to see pics of the Stihl 060's... ;)

I've never bought anything from this seller, but I'm always looking for 1106 series Stihls, so I did contact him with a question about this particular saw on ebay before he posted here. In the photo of the bottom (the zoom-able one on eBay) it looks to me like the case has been welded on the flywheel side. Not putting the saw down - that's just an important bit of information to know for a buyer.

Best of luck with the sale, and welcome OP!

I bought a saw from the OP on eBay recently...
Well, I receved my saw... It looks like the one in the picture. However, I wasn't real happy when I opened the box and found the saw was sitting in the box without any padding whatsoever. It was loose in the box, and the handle had torn a small hole in the box and was poking through just a little.

I took some pics, but my new phone is not allowing my to upload pics to the forum for some reason.

Well, I receved my saw... It looks like the one in the picture. However, I wasn't real happy when I opened the box and found the saw was sitting in the box without any padding whatsoever. It was loose in the box, and the handle had torn a small hole in the box and was poking through just a little.

I took some pics, but my new phone is not allowing my to upload pics to the forum for some reason.

We use a service here that takes the bars off empties all fluids and boxes the saws. The agreement is all our saws go out in a brand new box with dawgs off and packed tightly with styrofoam peanuts. Last week our package arrived to a buyer on here that purchased an 090 from me. It was packed properly and still the handle poked through. The new remedy is to charge a bit more shipping and pack it in tightly in a Rubbermaid tote.

Sorry the packing peanuts were missed in this case. Believe me i know how precarious these saws are in transit so the last thing I'd purposely do is toss one in and have it rattle it's way down the coast. Especially since it's me on the hook if anything goes wrong.

I Hope Everything Works Out For Y'all

We use a service here that takes the bars off empties all fluids and boxes the saws. The agreement is all our saws go out in a brand new box with dawgs off and packed tightly with styrofoam peanuts. Last week our package arrived to a buyer on here that purchased an 090 from me. It was packed properly and still the handle poked through. The new remedy is to charge a bit more shipping and pack it in tightly in a Rubbermaid tote.

"Believe me i know how precarious these saws are in transit. Especially since it's me on the hook if anything goes wrong.
I'm glad that you understand the way things work.

I think you'll do alright if you keep up the attitude to always try to do the right thing.

I'm going to subscribe to your future sale posts.

HEath

Sorry the packing peanuts were missed in this case. Believe me i know how precarious these saws are in transit so the last thing I'd purposely do is toss one in and have it rattle it's way down the coast. Especially since it's me on the hook if anything goes wrong.
I don't think anything was damaged, but the dogs were removed and taped to the handle... And that's it. There was no padding, and certainly no packing peanuts. :eek:

I'm glad that you understand the way things work.

I think you'll do alright if you keep up the attitude to always try to do the right thing.

I'm going to subscribe to your future sale posts.

HEath

Cheers.

We built a 585 100% feedback over the past decade. Any issues get resolved. And because saws are fairly new to our online business (sold aprox 15) there was a learning curve that we've quickly adapted to.

When something goes wrong all we can do is ask how can we help and aply that info for future sales.

Yeah using a service to pack your stuff is still your responsibility. Most of us here are enthusiasts and not business men and if it was sent to him that way then you should be on the hook to take it back at your expense.

Yeah using a service to pack your stuff is still your responsibility. Most of us here are enthusiasts and not business men and if it was sent to him that way then you should be on the hook to take it back at your expense.

You've not said anything new here. I've told the buyer it's on me expenses an all. Why continue to arbitrate.

This isn't my speed guys. I'm out. Found alternates.

You've not said anything new here. I've told the buyer it's on me expenses an all. Why continue to arbitrate.

This isn't my speed guys. I'm out. Found alternates.
Don't worry. Nobody was listening to William, whoever he is. I wouldn't have a problem buying another saw from the OP... as long as it's packaged carefully and correctly.

Latest posts

Back